Wednesday dinner

"Bella, Nick just text, he says he's at the bistro waiting for us now." I told Bella as she was sitting on the sofa.
"I'm the one who's ready, I'm waiting for you" she said as she came to the door.
"Well I'm ready now bossy boots." I said as I came out of our room.
"Can we go? I'm hungry" Bella said.
"Wait we need to take a selfie and send it to mum"
"Fine" she said rolling her eyes. She reminded me so much of mum when she did and so naturally she had the same cheekbones and her gorgeous eyes. We took a selfie next to the window.
"Ready now?" She said.
"Yeah, we'll see you later grandad" I shouted.
"Ok girls see you later, be good" Johnny said from his room. There was something about calling him grandad was wrong, we had only known for a few months, but I saw how happy it made him and he was doing so much for us so he deserved it. In my head though he was still Johnny.

We reached the bistro after strolling down the street. We had living without Elsa for nearly a month now and we were getting used to walking down the street. We reached the bistro and we got inside to find Nick waiting behind the door.
"Nicky" Bella yelled as she ran up to him. He picked her up and spun her round.
"I missed you" she said to him.
"I missed you too, now do you want to get some dinner?"
"Yeah, I'm super hungry, Isla was taking ages."
"Excuse me" I said as a walked over to the table behind them.
We sat down and after ordering we had several conversations about things like school, dance, gymnastics and stuff at the flat.
"I like it" Bella said, "but I preferred living with you"
"But you like living with grandad and Kate don't you?"
"Yeah I guess" she said.

"Spoken to your mum recently?" Nick asked.
"Yeah we called her last night and she told us about the cottage and we showed her our room."
"How's the baby?"
"Good, she had a home visit from the midwife yesterday and all the measurements are good."
"Are you gonna come down next week at half term to see her?"
"Yeah"
"How long are we gonna stay?"
"Well the scans on Monday so we'll go down on Sunday then come back on Friday, is that alright?"
"Yeah that's cool, I'm going out with Bethany on the Saturday anyway"
"Honestly you two are just besties aren't you?"
"Yeah we have a lot of fun together" i said as I giggled.

We ate our dinner and carried on talking. Then Nick walked us back o Johnny and Kate's flat, it didn't feel right calling it our flat, not yet.

He took us upstairs and chatted to Johnny while we got ready for bed then when we were in bed, he came in and sat in the bean bag and told us a story. It was the story of two sisters who were very brave and looked after each other. I knew he was talking about but Bella didn't.