The new arrival

I sat in the hospital waiting room, Bella was sat on my lap sucking a lollipop the nurse had given her. There were many people walking up and down the corridor, some looked happy, some sad.

We had been sitting there for about an hour, it was 1:30am on an early Tuesday morning, the 4th of October 2016 to be exact. We were meant to be going to school but I don't think that was going to happen given that Bella and I hadn't slept yet. Nick was with mum, in the delivery room but you could tell by all the people rushing in and out something was wrong.

It must have been past 2am when Nick came out into the corridor. He was no longer wearing his suit jacket and tie. His top button was undone and his sleeves were rolled up. He was sweating.
"You two alright?" He said
"Is mummy and the baby ok?" Bella asked worriedly taking her thumb out of her mouth.
"Yeah, they are both fine, mummy is very tired but apart from her being little, baby is fine. Would you like to come and meet her?"
"Yes please" Bella said almost jumping out of her seat.
"Come on then" he said and we got up. Nick grabbing our school bags from beside the chairs and leading us through the door. We walked down the corridor a bit and through some more doors. Mum was sat on a hospital bed, cradling what looked like from the door a small bundle of blankets. She smiled when she saw us and said,
"Come here and meet your sister"
Bella looked up at me, I nodded and still holding her hand walked to one side of the bed. Nick walked to the other.
Mum pulled the blanket so we could see her face, she looked so tiny.
"She's so cute" Bella said standing on her tiptoes. I picked her up so she could see properly.

After a while of yawning and cooing, Nick decided he would take us home and leave mum and the baby to sleep.
The car was silent as Bella slept and I drifted in and out of it. We got home and I got changed into my pyjamas and went straight to sleep.

The next morning, I woke up at around 9. Bella came into my room with Nick just behind.
"You don't have to go to school today Isla but we'll go and see you mum and the baby in a bit when we've had some breakfast and got ready."
"Ok"

So that's what we did, we arrived at the hospital at around 11am. Mum was sitting in bed watching tv with the baby sleeping in her arms. We walked in and her face lit up.
"Hey you lot, look baby girl it's your daddy and your sisters." She said, she passed the baby to Nick and he handed her a paper bag with her breakfast inside.
"Thanks the food in here is killing me" she said as he bent down and kissed her.
"How are you two my big girls?" Mum said as she took a bite from he croissant.
"Good" I said, "but still a bit tired" i added.
"Mummy what are we going to call her?" Bella asked as she sat next to me on the end of the bed.
"We have a few ideas" mum said, glancing at Nick.
"Shoot" I said.
"What?"
"Go, say them"
Mum scrambled around in her bag which was next to her bed and found a piece of paper.
She read out the list of names but none of them really worked, many were too short or didn't sound right.

After a while, I had an idea,
"What about Jessica?" I said.
Mum gasped and looked down as she was now holding the baby.
"I love it, she looks like a Jessica." She said. Nick too looked down at her as he was sitting on the bed next to mum.
"Me too, what about her middle name?" Nick said.
"I like Sophie" Bella said.
"I like that" I said
"Me too" mum and Nick said at the same time.
"Jessica Sophie Kate Tilsley" Nick said. Mum turned from looking at her to Nick and smiled a tear falling down her face. I pulled Bella into me and I heard her sniff slightly. A tear fell slowly down my right cheek tickling it as it feel. I wiped it away. Elsa would have loved to have been here.