I need to ask you something

The next week, Mum and I had been talking more, and she had been doing a lot more with Bella and Elsa. Nick had started to spend a lot more time at ours and him and Mum were getting a lot closer.

On Friday afternoon, I walked home from school and got Bella from nursery and Elsa from school. When I got to the factory I went into the office Johnny and Mum were sitting at their desks. Bella ran in and hugged mum.
"Hey you three" she said and kissed and hugged us both.
"Isla Smiler Nick wants to talk to you. He's over at the bistro"
"Ok do you want me to take the girls?"
"No it's ok I am gonna go home soon so I will probably see you at home"
"Ok see you in a bit" I said and I left the office.

I arrived at the bistro to find Nick standing at the bar.
"Hello you, how was school? Do you want a drink?"
"School was good and yes can I have a Coke please?"
"Of course come take a seat."
"What did you want to talk to me about?" I asked as I took a seat and Nick poured me a drink.
"I wanted to talk to you about your Mum" he said as he handed me my drink.
"About Mum? What about Mum?"
"You know how I love your Mum a lot"
"Yeah"
"How would you feel about me asking her to marry me?" He asked.
"Oh my gosh yes yes yes."
"Are you sure?"
"Yeah at least you asked me. Now if the others did."
"And I'm the best right" Nick said and I nodded. "You can't tell your Mum though, or anyone else not Michelle not Aidan or Kate or Johnny"
"Can I tell...?"
"No one" he said
"What about Bella? Can I tell her?"
"No not even Bella. Right you need to go and get your tea, I will be home later ok?"
"Alright and I am telling no one"
"Ok then see later Isla smiler, love you"
"Love you too Nicky" I said and I jumped of the seat and went outside.

Finally Mum might have someone to make her happy and not ruin her life all over again.