Wake up

I woke up and felt quite hot so I pushed the duvet off and turned over, before trying to go back to sleep.
I couldn't I was still too hot. and I could hear people shouting outside as well as the cracking of what sounded like mini fireworks. it reminded me of a bonfire night when I was younger. Mum and dad were so in love and we walked around the the muddy fields. me in dad's arms and him hand in hand with mum. I remember smiling as the fireworks lit up the sky. I remember feeling the heat on my face as we watched the bonfire burn to the ground. but the sound also reminded me of the fire in the factory, the one when I was shot by tony. I remember lying flat on my back on the cold, hard cobbles with so much pain in my body, I couldn't feel most of it.

That brought back bad memories so I decided to get a drink. I stood up from my bed and walked to the door. it felt hotter over there. I went to touch the door handle but it was boiling hot. I grabbed a hoodie from the back of my door and wrapped it around the door handle. I slowly opened it only to be hit by a hot blaze of orange fire. I shut the door immediately and put the hoodie on the floor up against the gap between the floor and the door. I lent my back against the wall and slid down the door until my bum hit the floor. I rubbed my eyes and stretched over to my bedside table. I pulled my phone away from the charger and unlocked it. I tried tapping on the phone button but my hands were shaking so much. eventually I managed to tap it and I clicked on Mum. I held the phone to my ear and listened to it ring. I was so focused on the phone ringing that at first I didn't hear the ringing of Mum's phone in the living room. I recognised that ringtone anywhere. it was her first dance at her wedding with Dad.

I knew then that she could still be in the flat so I got up and started banging on the door.
"Mum, Mum, Mum, help me, get me out of here, Mum please help, Mum" I shouted. but it wasn't working, no one was there. I was starting to get hot so I went over to my bedroom window. I pushed open as far as it would go and looked down below me. I could see the window at the right angle of mine, I could see a blaze inside.
"its a fire" I said to myself as I looked in the other direction. I could see Liz on the road, she looked like she was shouting to someone on one of the balconies.
"Mum, Mum, Liz" I shouted but I must have have taken in some smoke when I opened the door, I couldn't stop coughing.