We need to decide

I walked out of my room and was about to walk down the top flight of stairs before I stopped to hear mum and Nick talking in mums room. I sat down on the top step.
"We need to decide, Nick, I need them to be settled, you need to decide whether you want to be a dad all the time or whether you just want to come down every month."
"I want to be with you and I want to be a dad to our baby but I don't know if I can trust you"
"Nick look at me, I am never going to risk breaking up our family ever again, I love you and I am so glad that I am going to share a child with you. I want to be with you but I need to get things sorted back in Manchester."
"That's fine, Isla still has two more weeks of exams so she needs to go back anyway and I've paid for Bella's gymnastics and dance fees for another two weeks. We can do this Nicky Tilsley, we can have our perfect family"
"That's what I want, you, me and our baby."
"And Isla and Bella"
"Of course"
"And I'm gonna need you because what's gonna happen to the baby with her growth."
"Hey you heard the doctor, as long as we are careful she'll be fine"
"I know"

Later that night, Bella, mum, Nick and I were sitting round the table eating dinner. I could tell by the swapping of facial expressions between mum and Nick that they were going to tell us what they were talking about earlier.
"Now girls we need to talk to you about something"
"What?" Bella said.
"Well you know how you wanted to live with me rather than in Manchester, well after Islas exams, you two are going to come and live with mummy permanently."
"What about Nicky?" Bella asked, I sat there already knowing the answer.
"Well I'm going to come and live down here too, like I was meant to in the first place and me and mummy are going to get back together and be a mummy and daddy to our little baby." Nick said. I sat there with a smile on my face.
"Is that alright?" Mum asked and Bella and I both nodded. Finally, finally I might get the family I had dreamed of.