Heartbreak

We had just dropped Elsa and the twins at Roy and Hayley's because mum needed a break. We were walking back to the flat when we turned the corner and saw peter sat in the bus stop. He was holding a vodka bottle.
"Carla, come on let's go home" Michelle said pulling her towards the door of the flat.
"Carla, Carla" peter called across the street, as he ran over.
"No I don't want you, leave me alone" mum said as she tried to walk away. I saw Tracy and rob leave the flat.

But suddenly as I looked to where they were I felt mum fall to the floor. She was almost screaming in pain. Peter was trying to come close, so I got down on the floor with her and tried to look after her. Rob ran over and did the same.
"Stay away from her" Michelle shouted pushing peter off again, "go and get the car rob"
"What?" Rob said, he looked as confused as me.
"Get the car" Michelle shouted again as she knelt down to the floor with mum and I handed rob mums bag to find her keys.
"Uh no we've got plans" Tracy said from behind me.
"Tracy" Michelle shouted. I had never seen her so angry. Mum was still crying in pain. Tracy walked away.
"Right listen darling, were gonna get you to the hospital and we'll ring ahead to a&e, let them kn-" Michelle paused.
"Maternity, maternity" mum said through shrieks of pain. Rob had now run off to get the car.
"Carla I know you hate me but this is our baby" peter said, "if there's a problem, I need to know, I need to be there." All this time, I was holding with one arm while she held tightly onto my hand with hers.
"She said she doesn't want you there" Michelle shouted, still holding onto mum. She was crying in pain. Rob came over in the car and Michelle and I managed to get mum up.
"Steady, steady" Michelle said, getting her in. She got in as I ran round to the front of the car. Michelle talked to Rita and then got in quickly. I put my seat belt on and we drove away quickly.
"Sshhh, it's okay, it's okay" mi hello said as mum rested in her lap. Mum didn't say anything, she just shook her head and continued to cry.

We waited in the hospital for ages. They had taken mum in and Michelle rob and I were all sat in the corridor.
"You can come through now" the nurse said, Michelle put her arm around me as the three of us followed her through to the room mum was in.

Mum was sat on the bed with her hands holding onto each other. I walked through the door first and I could see something was wrong. She shuffled slowly across the bed and pulled me on next to her. My head rested on my lap as she stroked my hair. Michelle was stood next to her with her hand on her shoulder while rob stood behind.
"They want you to stay overnight, so you can get some rest. I'll take care of the kids" Michelle said storming mums hair.
"Haven't got anything? Toothpaste? Pyjamas?"
"Well it's ok. I can go back and get that stuff for you"
"Can someone please tell peter if you see him?"
"Listen, you've got us, and I'm not saying as a consolation but you have still got four amazing kids" Michelle said stoking my hair as well, "whatever happens, you'll always have us"
"Thanks"