Trouble

"I can't do this" Nick stood up and said.
"Nick babe what's wrong?" Mum said.
"No I can't, not you not this. I can't. I need to go" he said as he backed away from mum and went outside.
Mum ran after him and I watched them run out.
"Mummy" I heard Elsa scream. I ran over but Robert already had her.
"Robert" I shouted after him as I reached the door and he got outside
"Bella stay with Kate" I said as I followed as well.
By the time I got outside, Elsa was in tears and struggling out of Roberts arms. Nick was all the way at the salon while mum was close behind around Sally's.
"Mum" I shouted. "Mum Robert has Elsa"
She turned around but it was too late. Elsa was walking towards mum with Robert walking outside Dev's. I saw a car outside the factory, Tracy was inside it. Mum was trying to run back towards Elsa. It was way too late.
"Elsa" I shouted. Tracy drove the car forwards and Robert stood and watched while mum tried to run but she could see it too. Nick was running back too.

It was 6 in the morning and the next thing I remember was sitting in a chair of a hospital, leaning my head on Michelle's shoulder. Mum was pacing, still in her dirty wedding dress and nicks grey hoodie. Her dress was stained with mud, water and blood. She was holding her not yet visible bump, but she could feel it. Despite the revelations of this day, Nick was here too. He was wearing a shirt as he had lost his other clothes to wrap around Elsa. His shirt was also stained with blood, as was my dress.
A doctor came out into the seating area. Mum stopped and crossed her arms across her stomach. Nick, Michelle and I stood up sharply and travelled forward towards the doctor.
"Mrs Tilsley-"
"It's Connor" mum corrected her. I glanced at Nick, I could see him wanting to say, 'it's Tilsley' but he couldn't bring himself to do it.
"Sorry, Mrs Connor, I am very sorry but the injuries that your daughter Elsa sustained in the accident could not be resolved. She has passed away."
Mum collapsed into tears into Michelle, still holding her stomach. I took a few steps backwards and sat back into the chair I had been in before. I put my head in my hands.
Michelle was crying as well, Nick was stood staring into space. Mum and Michelle pulled away from each other. Mum looked towards Nick. He looked at her. He opened his arms wide and said "come here" while walking closer to her. He pulled her into a hug and kisses her hair, which was still done in the same way for the wedding.

We went home after mum had to do lots of things. By the time we walked in the door it was 8:30, Kate and Bella were sat at the table eating breakfast. Nick had gone back to his flat and Michelle to the pub. I walked forward to the table as mum slipped away into her room.
Kate looked at me, I didn't need to say it, she knew.
"Bella baby, there's something I need to tell you" I said as I bent down and held onto her hands.
"Where's Elsa?"
"That's what I need to tell you"
"What?"
"Elsa was in a very nasty accident and she has gone up to heaven"
"Is she ever coming back?" She asked. I shook my head and her eyes sunk deep into her face.
"Is mummy ok?" She asked an do shook my head again.
"Why don't you go and get your blanket, then go and get in bed with mummy?"
"Ok, but Isla, is mummy and nicky's baby ok?"
"Yeah that baby is ok."
She ran off into her room and went into mums with her favourite blanket.
Kate hugged me, before saying
"I'm gonna pop home, call me if you need anything"
"Thank you for having her"
"No worries, anytime"
She smiled and left. I went into mums room. Mum was lying with Bella in front of her covered by her blanket. I climbed on next to her and she rolled over so she was on her back with Bella and I either side of her.
"We're gonna get through this alright. The four of us are gonna do this."