It's alright to be upset

"Isla, come on let's go" Michelle shouted from the bottom of the stairs.
"Coming" I said as I reached the top of the bottom stairs and ran down.
"You ready?" She asked as she stroked my hair.
"Yeah, bye Zizzi" I said as I kissed her. We out of the pub and across the road before meeting Johnny and Kate outside the flat.
"Have one of you got a key?" Johnny asked as we walked towards Victoria court.
"Yeah Isla does" Michelle said putting her arm round me, "it's alright, you know" she whispered in my ear.
"I know" I whispered back.

I unlocked the door, it clicked open and pushed it hard.
"It gets stuck sometimes" I said as it opened slowly, the door squeaked and I stood looking into the flat that used to be my home. I walked in slowly, looking at the paintings by Bella, Harry and Elsa that were stuck to the kitchen cabinets. A cushion on the sofa still had a red paint stain that was Bella's way of expressing herself. The bookshelf was filled with unreturned library books and plastic toys as well as pictures of mum, dad, Bella, Elsa, Harry and Nick.

Michelle, Kate and Johnny stood around the sofa.
"Can I go into my room?" I said as I stood next to Michelle.
"Yeah, go on then, I think some of your stuffs still in there."
I walked off into my room and sat down on my bed. I looked around and opened the drawer of the bedside table.
Inside were some old sweet packets and sticker sheets. Underneath was a picture that Elsa had drawn for mum. The corner was ripped off and there was a coffee stain on another corner. Mum got angry about it after Elsa died and accidentally spilled coffee on it. Then she ripped the corner off by accident.

I picked it up. It was mostly just scribbles but in the middle you could make out a stick figure with no body just legs and arms sticking out of the head. I got up and walked over to my wardrobe in the corner, I opened it and picked up the shoe box that was at the bottom. I sank down against the wall and opened the box. Inside were little things that I had collected over the years, like pictures and memories.
The door clicked as a tear fell from my eye. Michelle was stood in the doorway.
"Hey" she said as she shut the door behind her and walked towards me. She sat down next to me.
"How come this is here?" She asked.
"I dunno, I just left it here and never came back to get it"
"You can take it now you know"
"I know"
"What's up? Really what's up?"
"Just everything going on with Nick coming back and it's just made me think about mum and Bella and stuff"
"It's gonna be alright, things always work out you know. Hey come here" she said as she wiped my face.
"How about we go back to the pub when those two are finished and I'll cook you some lunch? Your favourite"
"What?"
"Sausages and macaroni cheese"
"Yes please"
"And are you gonna bring this box?"
"I dunno"
"It's alright to be upset you know"
"Yeah, I'll bring it"