Telling the kids

I got home. Michelle had gone over to the rovers and asked me to get mums stuff. Rob had gone back home. Once I'd got mums stuff I walked over to the pub and gave Michelle mums stuff. But as I got closer I realised that Michelle was still outside.
"Come on" I said, "it's alright" Michelle had tears in her eyes. She pushed open the pub door and walked in.
"What happened?" Liz said. All Michelle and I did was shake our heads. Steve pulled Michelle into a hug as she cried into him.
"It was just so sad seeing her so heartbroken" Michelle said.
"Do you want us to do anything?" Liz said.
"No they are keeping her in tonight, Isla's got her stuff"
"What about the kids?" Steve said.
"Roy and Hayley have them at the moment, Isla is going to get them and take them to the flat and they can stay in the top bedroom."
"Ok, I'll sort out that room" Liz said.

After a while, I handed Michelle the bag of mums stuff and left the pub. I walked across to Roy's. the kids were all sat around the table. I walked in the door and Hayley hugged me.
"You alright love?" She whispered in my ear.
"Yeah, yeah" I said as Bella came over.
"Isla where's mummy?"
"We are gonna have a talk about that when we get home, so can you say thank you to Roy and Hayley please"
"Thank you" the three of them said in unison. Hayley handed me their coats and bags as they went to the door.
"Anything you need, you know where we are" Roy said as I pulled the door open and left.
"Thank you"

We arrived back at the flat and the kids ran up the stairs. I shut the top door behind me and put their stuff down on the table.
"Harry wait" I said before he ran off into our room.
"Yeah"
"Come here, and you two. Come sit here" I said pointing to the sofa. They sat down and I sat opposite them on the coffee table.
"Something had happened to Mummy" I said.
"What?" Elsa said.
"Well you know how mummy had a little baby in her tummy"
"Yeah" Bella and Elsa said simultaneously.
"Well because of all the bad stuff going on, mummy's baby decided to go up to heaven."
"Like our daddies" Harry said.
"Yeah Harry" I said as I stroked his face.
"So where is mummy?" Bella asked.
"Mummy is in the hospital and she is going to stay there tonight, so we are going to go to Michelle's"
"What? At the pub?" Harry asked.
"Yes and we need to get you some stuff packed." I said.
"Are you all alright?" I said.
"Yeah" Harry and Bella both said.
"Elsa?"
"Yeah" she said as she got up and I pulled her into a hug.
"Mummy is strong, she will be ok" I said.

We went into our room. I picked out an outfit for each of the kids to wear tomorrow as well as getting their toothbrushes and some toothpaste. I put it all in a bag before doing mine as well. I got a text from Michelle reading Just on my way home, are the kids alright? Are you nearly ready?
I replied saying twins are fine, elsa's a bit shaken, nearly finished getting stuff together.

"Right put your coats on" I said as the three of them put their coats on.
"Put your backpacks on" I said as the three of them did that.
"Have you got your blankets?" I said and all three of them held up their special blankets.
We went downstairs with our stuff and found Michelle stood at the door.
"You ready?" She said as she shut the door behind me.
"Yeah" I said as I held Bella and Elsa close to me. Harry was stood just in front.
"How was she?"
"Upset, tired, angry" Michelle said, "its to be expected.