It wasn't your fault

I lay back down in the bed and thought about what happened that night.

About twenty minutes later, Mum burst into the room. Her hair was wet and she was wearing what looked liked pyjamas. She dumped her bag on the floor and ran and hugged me.
"I am so sorry Isla. I am never ever gonna let anybody hurt you like this ever again. It was all my fault and I am never going to forgive myself"
"Mum, Mum listen" I said as I pulled away from the hug. I held onto her hands and looked into her eyes.
"It wasn't your fault Mum"
"what do you mean? Of course it was Kal and Maddie are dead because of me"
"no Mum let me explain, it wasn't your fault"
"your being serious aren't you?" She asked and I nodded.
"After I went to bed I went to sleep but at about 11, I woke up and went to the toilet. When I came back, Tracy was in the flat standing over you on the sofa, holding your fashion prize thing. She heard the door and turned around. She had lit that candle that Andrea gave to Amy. I made her give me the trophy and blow out the candle. I told her to leave and I went to bed. Then when the fire started and I came out my room, I saw the same candle on the table outside my room next to the lamp. That's what started the fire, not you it was Tracy. She didn't know Amy was in there."
"oh I love you so much Isla" Mum said as she kissed forehead and squeezed my cheeks.

For the rest of the night, Mum and I slept in the hospital bed. It was the safest I had felt in years, with my Mum.