The baddies and the goodies

I put my cup of tea down on the coffee table and pulled Harry onto my lap. He sat sort of sideways so I could see his face. I looked at Michelle who was sat almost in shock next to me.

"I can go, if you want Harry." Michelle said.

"No, I want you to stay." He said. he then looked at me and took a deep breath.

"The first thing I remember was the afternoon before I was taken. I remember that Mummy was working and you took me and Bella and Elsa to the park. I remember when we got home that there was a big black van outside. Then everything was normal and Mummy came home and we ate dinner and then you put me to bed. I remember that Mummy woke me up when she came to kiss me goodnight but I pretended to be asleep. I don't think I went back to sleep after that because I could here people coming home from the pub I think. I remember there was some noise in the kitchen and I thought you or Mummy were awake and I couldn't sleep so I got up and took my blanket and when I went out of my room, there was a big man standing at Bella and Elsa's room. He was about to open the door when he saw me and there was a lady standing at the front door. They both saw me and the man whispered for me to be quiet and because I was scared I did it. Then the lady came over to me and put her arm around me and asked me if I was alright and I nodded. The man went into the kitchen and took one of the knives out of the drawer and then I got really scared. I wanted to shout for you or for Mummy or for anyone but I was too scared because I thought he might hurt me with the knife. Then the lady picked me up and I thought she was going to take me back to my room but she didn't she took me out of the flat with the man following behind but he put the knife down on the island. Then they took me downstairs and outside and I banged my head on the door when we were leaving and it was bleeding a lot and the lady told me it would be alright but the man was shouting at her a bit to hurry up. Then me and the lady got in the back of the van and the man got in the front and drove away. I feel asleep in the van in the lady's arms and when I woke up I was in a bed in this room where everything was blue and there were cars and trucks and lorries on the wall. It was really bright outside and the lady was sitting on a chair that was in the room and when I woke up she picked me and told me Mummy couldn't deal with looking after me anymore so I was going to have a new Mummy and Daddy instead. Then she cleaned up my head and made sure it was alright and took me downstairs in this really big house and made me some breakfast. She sat me down at the table and stood in the kitchen and asked me what my name was."

"What did you say?" I asked him.

"I told them my name was Leo" he said, "Mummy told me that I should never tell strangers my name except if they were a policeman."

"She told me that too, when I was little." I said to her.

"And I chose to say Leo because Mummy always said I was as strong as a lion and we used to read that book called-"

"Leo the Lion" I said, "I remember that one, that was one of your favourites."

"Yeah. Then at the end of the day, I had played with the lady all day in the garden and with their cats, they didn't have a dog like we do. And the man came home that night while I was eating my dinner and they were talking quietly but I knew they were talking about me. They lived in this massive house and it was in the countryside, there wasn't any other houses around. And thats how it was for the whole time that I was there. The man would go to work everyday and the lady would stay at home and we would do numeracy and literacy and then in the afternoon we would go swimming in the pool or play inside. They had lots of toys and lots of pictures of a little boy in there house when I first got there and then when I had been there a while the pictures were of me instead. They always thought my name was Leo, for the whole time that I was there, thats what they called me and they made me call them Mummy and Daddy but I knew they weren't my real Mummy and Daddy. Then one night, I went to bed like normal but I heard them both shouting in their bedroom and I got scared so I hid under my bed until I fell asleep and in the morning when I woke up, I got back into my bed and then the man came in and told me that the lady had had to go away for a bit, and that she might not come back. I pretended to be upset but really I was happy. During the days after that, I had to stay at the house by myself. I wanted to run away but I didn't know where to go or where I was. Then about a week after the lady had gone, the man who delivered our shopping knocked on the door. I answered it even though the man told me not to and he asked me where the lady was and I said I didn't know, and I asked the man where I was. I knew he was a goodie because he wore the yellow coat like the police. He told me that I was in Manchester. I said to him that the lady and man weren't my real parents and that they took me away from my real mummy. The man asked me what my name was and I told him that the lady and man thought it was Leo but my real name was Harry Connor. Then I asked him if he could take me back to my real Mummy. And he said yeah and I told him to wait because I needed my blanket and then I got into the van with the man and he took me to the hospital because I told him that my head was hurting and then when we got there he carried me inside and they called the police. Eventually I got back to you and you know what happened after that." He said and he rested his head on me and I stroked his hair. I held him so close to him and kissed his head.

"Thank you for telling me everything, have you told the police any of this?" I asked him. He shook his head, "You know you are going to have to, so they can catch the baddies like in the films ok?"

"Yeah thats fine, I wanted to tell you first, but can we go on our trip first and we tell them when we get back?" He asked.

"I'm sure that will be fine." Michelle said as she pulled us both into a hug.