The hospital

When we arrived Steve carried me up the stairs with mum and Michelle. we got to a room where my uncle Liam and a lady called Janice were waiting. after Mum annoying everyone because she was drunk, I sat down on Liam's lap and fell asleep.
When I woke up, mum and Liam were sitting next to each other talking about Leanne, a lady who was in Dads boot. Steve and Michelle weren't there anymore. the doctor came out and was talking to them. when he had gone, Mum bent down to my level and said "Isla darling, listen your daddy is very poorly and we are going to go into another room and go see him before he is going to go to heaven and you can talk to him and tell him how much you love him. you can give him kisses and cuddles and then the Angels will take him to heaven." I could see the tears bursting out of her eyes, but she was holding them back for me. I had so many questions I wanted to ask but all I could think to say was "I love my Daddy" mum looked at me and smiled, before she started to cry. she picked me up and gave me a cuddle.

she put me down and we went into another room. it was kind of dark and in the middle was a bed with my daddy on it. he had lots of tubes and wires sticking out of him. I walked over to him and picked up his hand. I gave him a kiss and put it back down then I moved closer to his face and leaned over. "you are the best Daddy and I will always love you and I will look after mummy." I whispered into his ear before stepping back and watching my mum hug him and kiss him. Liam picked me up and sat me down on a chair in the corner of the room. mum stood by his side and held his hand and Liam stood behind her. the doctor from earlier came in and did some things with the machines before leaving again. mum was leaning on dad and crying into his bare chest. Liam was standing with his back against the wall next to me. after the doctor had left he came over and said that the Angels were going to take daddy to heaven now. just as he finished Michelle and Steve burst in Michelle screamed "I'm too late aren't i?" Mum turned around and hugged and the both started crying even more. I got up out the chair and hugged them just like Liam, mum put her arm around me and we all turned and looked at dad lying dead on the hospital bed.

And that was it, he was gone. I had always been a daddy's girl and now my daddy had gone.