Back home

Around two months later, our flat had been repaired and we were allowed to move back in.

I had spent all day organising Bella and Elsa's rooms while Mum had been at work. In the evening, the three of us stayed at the flat in mum's bed watching telly, waiting for her to get home.

She text me at around 5:30, asking if we wanted fish and chips. I replied saying yes and telling her what we wanted.

She got home about 6, with our tea. We sat around the table and ate. We were nearly finished when mums phone rang. She scrambled around in her bag and found her phone. She held it to her ear and we stayed quiet.

After about 30 seconds, she pulled the phone away from her ear and put it to her chest.
"Go put them to bed please?" Mum said. I nodded and picked Bella up from her chair and put her on the floor then grabbed Elsa and took them into bella's room.

I put Elsa on the floor and quickly put Bella in her pyjamas before then taking them both into Elsa's room and getting her changed. Bella sat on the floor asking me questions.
"Who is mummy talking to?" She asked "i don't know angel now come on bedtime" I said as I put Elsa in bed. I scooped Bella up in my arm and carried her out shutting the door quietly as I left. I continued into bella's room, putting her down in her bed and pulling her duvet over her.
"Kiss" she said quietly and she held her cheek closer to my face. I kissed her cheek and she lay down.
"Love you Bella Connor" I said as I stood up.
"Love you too Isla Connor" she said as I reached the door. I turned out the light and shut it slowly before walking back into the kitchen with Mum. She was still on the phone but when she saw me she held it to her chest.
"Who is it?" I whispered. But when she said the word my world came crashing down around me. I sank to the ground and it felt like the world was spinning. It was Aidan.