Memories

A few weeks later, there was a knock at the door one evening. I went to answer it and as I did I saw it was Rob.

Rob stepped past me into the flat and saw mum at the table. I shut the door and ran in front of him. I picked up Elsa from the floor. Bella got down from her chair and grabbed onto my leg. mum got up and stood in front of the three of her girls. "Isla go and put Bella and Elsa to bed please" she said facing Rob still.
I took them into Bella's  room. I put in her pyjamas and got her into bed and took Elsa into her room. she sat on her bed.
"why is Rob back?" She asked as I lifted her school jumper over her head.
"I don't know angel"
"Did he hurt Leanne and Tina?" I put her too and bottoms on her.
"I don't know Elsa. now come on let's get you into bed." I said pulling her duvet over her. she lay down and I kissed her cheek.
"night night Elsa"
"night night Isla love you"
"love you too"

I left Elsa's room and shut the door quietly before going into my room. I changed out of my jeans into my tracksuits and put on a hoody. As I stood up I saw the picture that was up on the wall of rob and me on the day before he got sent to prison when I was four. next to it was the picture of my dad and I on my seventh birthday.