Talking to Mum

"Did you hear that?" Kate asked Mum as she slowly closed the door and walked towards my bed. She nodded and as she did I could see small tears bursting out of her eyes.
"Go to bed Kate" Mum said as she walked backwards again and opened the door. Kate got up grabbed her phone from my charger and left. Mum shut the door. She walked over and say down. She grabbed my hand and kissed it before bursting into tears.
"You know how much I love you don't you. You are my amazing little girl and I will never ever stop loving you, ok?" I nodded
"I know I'm sorry I didn't mean for you to hear that but I just, I never get to speak and I just want to say something," I almost felt out of breath. "Hey stop," she pulled me into a hug "I don't care about any of that I just wish you had told me sooner, because I am always here,"
"I know but you aren't Dad and when Dad was here I could talk to him. Now there's Bella and Elsa and no time for me."
"I'm sorry babe, I know it's been hectic around here lately, with Nick and the girls and Johnny and the factory, I am so sorry. All you had to do was tell me."
"I know and I should have talked to you and told you"
"Come here," she said leaning in to hug me "whenever you need me, I am always there ok? You never forget that."
"Never forget" I pulled away "never ever I love you Mum"
"Love you too, now let's go to bed"