We need to talk

Christmas Day, we spent at the flat in the morning. Michelle was with us after her and Steve's recent break up. we unwrapped presents and had presents, opened more presents and got dressed.

Then to the rovers for lunch. We went to the rovers at about 12. Bella, Elsa and I stayed got hats from Steve. We chilled with Amy before sitting down and eating. I sat in a booth with Michelle, Mum, Elsa and Bella. The food was delicious, better than any Christmas dinner, I've ever had before.

After lunch, Mum and Michelle disappeared into the back. Bella, Elsa and I stayed in the pub with Eva and Amy.

They had been in there a while so I decided to go and see what they were up to. "Liz um could you watch the girls for a minute while I go and find my Mum?" I asked "of course I can darling, I think they are in the back room." "thanks"
I walked through to the back room to find Mum and Michelle sitting with a glass of wine. they were gossiping as usual about Michelle new date, Hamish. "hey darling you ok?" Michelle asked me. "yeah but I think the girls are getting a bit tired." yeah I think I am too. how about I take them home and you stay here a bit with Michelle then you come home later." she said. I agreed. Mum got all the girls stuff packed up, said goodbye and walked home. I lay on the sofa in the back room with Michelle.

"You know why she is upset don't you?" Michelle said to me. I nodded. "it's because of rob, isn't it? she misses him. but I think she did the right thing. for her kids and for justice." "yeah it's not just that" she said. "what?" "Peter has sent her loads of visiting orders. he wants to talk to her properly but she doesn't want to do it. she doesn't want him a part of her life." "I don't want him a part of her life either. it's not like he can force her, right?" "I guess not, you ready to go home?" Michelle asked. I nodded and got up. we grabbed our coats and walked home.