Pick up

I had just finished school. I had my bag over my shoulder and walked down the road with my friend, Ellie. She was going home and I was going to Elsa's school. I was late so I was trying to walk fast, Ellie understood and tried to walk with me.
"I'll see you tomorrow" she said before crossing the road.
"Bye" I said before walking into the gates of Elsa's school. I walked through the playground and I tried to pull the door of the reception but it was locked. I knocked for a while, before I saw the receptionist come to the door. She opened it and welcomed me in.
"Miss Isla Connor, aren't you all grown up, how are you?" She said as she hugged me.
"I'm alright, I've come to get Elsa, do you know where she is?"
"Yes I do, we've been having a little chat" she sad as we began to walk down the corridor.
"Is she alright?" I said.
"Yeah, she told us about the police this morning"
"Yeah, my mum text me, she's still at the hospital and they think it might be Harry's body but they don't know"
"I'm so sorry. Does Elsa talk to you about it?"
"Not really, I mean she talks to me but never my mum and sometimes she lashes out about it and gets angry but I can't make her stop doing that and make her talk to me."
"What about Bella?"
"Bella just cries and cries and talks and talks and asks loads of questions which are hard to answer."
"You know Elsa can always talk to us?"
"Yeah I know. I think she feels bad for telling everyone else her problems, I've tried to tell her but she's just stubborn, like Mum" I said as we reached the classroom. Elsa was sat at the table eating a biscuit and her teacher was sat at her desk. They were chatting away.
"Hey little miss" I said as I stood at the doorway, Elsa got up and ran and hugged onto my legs.
"Hey little girl, how are you?" I said as I picked her up and put her on my hip.
"I'm alright, are we going home to see mummy now?"
"Mummy's still at the hospital but we are going to get Bella and then we'll go and get some dinner."
"Can we go to the bistro for dinner? I want that pasta I had that other time"
"Alright then, shall we go and get Bella?"
"Yeah" she said as she got down and put her coat on. I grabbed her bag and took her hand.
"Bye mrs Smith, bye miss waters" Elsa said as we walked out of the door.
"Thank you" I said as we began to walk back to reception and outside.
Elsa chatted away the whole way to bella's nursery. She told me about school and what they played in the playground and anything that came into her mind.

We arrived at bella's nursery and went in the door.
"Hi Elsa, hi Isla" sally, bella's teacher said, " how are you?"
"Alright" I said as I bent down to Elsa,
"Can you go and find Bella please?" And she ran off into the nursery.
"Are you really alright?" Sally said, pulling me into her.
"Not really but what can I do. How has Bella been today?"
"Alright, she lay on the bean bags for most of the morning but after lunch she brightened up a bit."
"That's good, Elsa's been a bit quiet at school today"
"That's understandable my love. Have you heard anything else from your mum?"
"No she said they have been taking a long time, they've been asking her questions and last I heard they wanted her to identify a body"
"What? That could be Harry?"
"Yeah"
"Oh my love" sally said pulling my into a hug. Just as Elsa and Bella ran in.
"Hey you found her. Have you got your bag and coat?" I said as I pulled away from sally.
"Yes" Bella said losing them up. I bent down and helped her put her coat on.
"Bella, show Isla your sticker that you got"
"Isla, look, look" she said jumping up and down, pointing to the sticker on her jumper.
"What does it say?" I said trying to hold her still.
"It says star reader" she said.
"Well done my little monkey, shall we go home now?"
"Yeah, can you carry my bag?"
"Yeah, give it" I said as I herded them out of the door.
"Thanks sally" i shouted as we went outside.