Telling me (& Day off)

I did as mum said and got the kids bathed and in bed. I came out of our room and slowly shut the door behind me. "Isla, come in here" Michelle said, I walked through "come sit here" she said pointing the the breakfast stool next to hers. "your mum needs to tell you something, Car, you need to tell her" mum was facing away from me with her hands on her hips. she turned round. her eyes were red and puffy. "Isla, you can't be mad, ok?" She said with her hands in my knees. I nodded "I am pregnant" she said bursting into tears again. I leaped forward off of the stool and hugged my mum tight. "have you told Peter?" I said. she pulled away and held my cheeks in her warm hands. mum shook her head and pulled me back into a hug again.

Later that evening, when Michelle had gone home. mum and I were sitting on the sofa, we heard someone coming up the stairs. mum turned to me and said, "its Peter, go into your room and finish your homework please, Isla." I did, just as Peter opened the front door. and I feel asleep before I even my finished my homework.

Chapter order was wrong this is now Day Off

About a week after mum had told Peter about the baby, she had an appointment booked for a 12 week scan and a check up. that morning, I took Bella with me to get milk from devs. on our way out I saw a teddy in the window of the Kabin. I held out my hand and looked at the money in my hand. £5.10 I picked up bella, who was holding the milk and said, "you see the bear in the window over there, shall we buy it for mummy and the new baby?" Bella smiled and nodded and we walked across the cobbles and into the Kabin.

When we got back to the flat, I opened the door and could hear the shower. mum was sitting at the table with her phone in one hand and a mug of coffee in the other. "did you get the milk?" She said not turning around. "yeah sorry we took so long," I said, putting the spare change onto the counter and sitting on the chair opposite to mum. she hadn't noticed the bear in the plastic bag, to be honest I think she had bigger things on her mind. Bella came and sat on my lap. "mum," "yeah" she said short and snappy. "we got you a present, well kind of you," mum looked up from her phone, placed it on the table and said "what? What is it?" Bella was now holding the bag. I nudged her arm to give her the bag. she placed the blue plastic bag on the table. mum grabbed it and pulled the bear out. suddenly I saw a look in mums eyes that I had only ever seen once before, she looked like she was about to cry, but not because she was sad, she was happy. She got up and hugged Bella and I before rushing us to go and get ready. I had an inset day at school but I was spending the day in town with Elsa before returning to attend mums scan with her.

After I was ready I sat on the sofa with Elsa watching. Peter came out of the bathroom, mum turned the corner from their room holding the teddy. "look what the girls got" mum said squeezing the teddy in her hands before handing it to peter. Peter smiled and looked at the toy before kissing mum on the cheek and walking into the bedroom.
"Right you two, when are you leaving? I need to go and take the twins to nursery." Mum asked standing at the end of the sofa. I looked down at Elsa and said "are in ready El?" She nodded and I said "now then I guess" I said as I got up off the sofa. Elsa got up after me and put on her shoes that were on the step of the front door. I slipped on my trainers and got our coats off the hooks.i put mine on before putting on Bellas. I grabbed my keys, phone and purse from the table. mum handed me 3 £10 notes. I took them and kissed her on the cheek. "treat yourselves" she said as she walked back into her room.

When we got back I stepped off of the bus, holding onto Elsa's hand. we walked down the pavement to the factory. when we got inside mum was on the phone. we walked in quietly and sat on the spare chairs. every time I came in here my chest hurt. when mum got off the phone, we showed her what we got, left the factory and went to the car. Peter was meant to be meeting us here at four. it was 3:59pm. mum called him several times before deciding he would probably meet us there...