I wish I got to say goodbye

I lay in bed, Harry lay next to me with his head rested on my lap. I stroked his hair softly as we watched the tv. He had asked to watch to in my bed that morning. We had woken up that morning and Harry had got into my bed. He was so excited that it was his birthday but he was missing Bella, he had his blanket wrapped around him and was sucking on the ear of his favourite teddy.

When the programme finished, he sat up slightly and looked at me.
"Happy Birthday little man" I said stroking his head.
"Have you got me presents?" I asked.
"Well I might have done"
"Have you really?" He said as he started to get excited.
"Yeah, stay here, I'll go and get them" I said as I pushed the duvet over his head and got up, he giggled as I did it.
I went over to the wardrobe and got out two bags filled with presents. I put them on the end of the bed and climbed back on.

Harry unwrapped all the presents from me and various family and friends, like grandma and grandad, Ryan and Maria. He was getting the rest from everyone else at his special birthday dinner this evening. He opened all the presents slowly, each one examining and asking me questions about.
"Wait so it flies by itself?" He said holding up a remote control helicopter.
"Sort of, you is this thing to control it" I said pointing to the remote.
"Oohhhh k I get it."

Once he'd opened everything he looked at me and said,
"Is it breakfast time now?" I smiled at him and reached over to my bedside table and got out an envelope.
I held it out in front of him and said,
"Now this one, was sent by angel delivery and its very special."
I handed it to him and he opened the card. Inside it read,

Dear Harry,
Happy Birthday baby boy, have the most amazing day and I love you more than anything and I'm so proud of everything you do. Be god for Isla cos I'm watching you. I got my angel friends to leave you something special downstairs in the lobby. Get dressed and go downstairs to have a look.

All my love
From mummy, Elsa and Bella

I watched him reading it.
"Is it really from mummy?" He asked.
"Yeah" I lied, even though I had written it for him a few days before.
"We need to get dressed quick" he said leaving me the letter and running off into his room.

I slipped on a pair of jeans and a tan jumper. I put on some socks and black boots then grabbed my coat from the hook by the door.
"I'm ready" Harry said as he ran out of my room. I gave him his cot and he put it on while I grabbed my phone and keys. I opened the door and Harry began to run down the stairs.
"Slow down" I said as I ran after him.
"Isla, Isla, Isla, look what it is!" Harry shouted as he reached the bottom.
"What is it?" I said, trying to keep up.
"Look, look it's a bike." He shouted as I reached the bottom. There was a blue and silver bike with a helmet on top both wrapped with a bow.
"Isla, lets go and-" he paused and was fixated by something on the stairs. I turned around to see nick and Leanne walking down, hand in hand. Harry walked over to me and I picked him up onto my hip. Leanne smiled awkwardly as nick carried on walking. As they reached the door, Leanne went through and nick stopped. He turned around and looked at us both.
"Happy 6th Birthday Harry" he said smiling. "Can't believe Bella would have been 6 today." He continued and Harry's head fell to my shoulder. I stroked his hair lightly.
"I'm gonna go and put some flowers by the memorial today, if that's alright."
"Yeah, yeah sure" I said.
"Yeah Bella would have liked that." Harry said as he slid down and stood up.
"You know, no matter what happened, I always loved our mummy and your sisters ok?" Nick said bending down to Harry's level.
"I know, but you made Isla sad too, when you disappeared. But I know that you loved mummy, Elsa and Bella. And I know you're sorry."
"Thank you Harry. Who got you the bike?"
"Mummy" Harry said putting the helmet on. Nick looked confused.
"Yeah mummy got her special angels to bring it for him." I said looking at him. He held the door open as Harry took the bike out onto the street. He got on and began to ride it down the road.
"Watch for cars" I shouted as I walked along with nick and Leanne.
"He's doing so well" Leanne said.
"Yeah I know, they said he's catching up well at school."
"Has he ever told you what happened?"  Nick asked.
"No, he's never even mentioned it, I don't think I want to ask either." I said as he came riding back around.
"Hey super biker, we're going to Roy's for breakfast, leave your bike there" I said as he got off.

We'd spent the morning at the red wreck, Harry rode his bike around everywhere and then went to the pub for lunch with Michelle, Steve, Kate, Aidan and Johnny where Harry opened more presents and ate a whole hot pot. After lunch, we walked along the road to dev's and chose some pink lilies before going inside to pay. Then afterwards we walked along the ginnel and reached the memorial. Harry took the flowers and placed them against the wall.
"Happy birthday Bella" Harry said.
"I love you Bella" I said. Harry climbed to my arm and I put my arm around him.
We stood in silence for a while until I bent down and looked at Harry and said,
"You know she is up there watching you and having a great birthday herself and she'd want you to be happy on your birthday."
"I know I want to be happy, there's just one thing I wish I had got to do."
"What?"
"I wish I got to say goodbye."

A/N- so I'm about to post a new fan fiction  called they don't know about us (cheriam fan fiction) so please go and check it out and how it some love. Thanks
Lotti