Chapter 86

If you’re reading this chapter, I’m quite positive you like the book. ;) Otherwise, why would you read so many chapters?

If you didn’t buy the book yet, you definitely should! It has new and exciting scenes, no more stupid mistakes, and the entire thing was edited & polished.

You can order it by using this link: https://www.createspace.com/4799393

The link for Amazon is way too long, so message me to get it, okay? :)

========

 “Simon…”

We’d been walking for almost half an hour, but every time I tried to talk to him, he shut me down. This time, I was determined to follow through.

“Just five more minutes,” he told me, like he had so many times before.

“No,” I decided. “No more waiting. I need to do this.”

“Fine.” The arm he had kept around me all this time was pulled back, making me feel cold and desolate.

“I…” I had been so focused on getting him to listen to me that I hadn’t even given a moment’s thought to what I was going to say. “I guess I’m breaking up with you,” I said dully.

“Yeah, I figured,” he replied. His tone was disinterested, but inside he was raging. “When did you decide?”

“In the woods,” I said honestly, surprised he was staying so collected.

“So… with Eros.” Simon took a deep breath. “You’re going to be with him?”

“No,” I answered. “No, I just need to be on my own for a while.”

“What?” Simon’s voice broke and his eyes were shooting fire at me. “You’re breaking up with me to be alone? Seriously? After everything, after last night, after… NO. JUST NO.”

“Isn’t it better this way?” I was surprised that this of all things got to him. “Wouldn’t it have been worse if I’d left you for him?”

“At least then I’d know there was no other way to solve this,” Simon answered. “If you love him more than you love me… But no, you dump me to be on your own. Are you that unhappy?”

“It’s not about that,” I tried to explain. “It’s just not working, Sime, you see that too, right? And I can’t keep cheating on you and stringing him along - which is what would happen if we were to continue as we are.”

“I’m such a bad boyfriend that you can’t help but cheat on me?” Simon’s anger was turning to desolation, which was even worse. “Or was I that bad… last night? You know you’re my first when it comes to… everything. I’ll get better.”

I was disturbing to hear him say that – but I was also a little insulted. Did he really think that I would break up with him over that? Besides, it hadn’t been bad, it had been amazing. And I was just as inexperienced as he was. Okay, maybe a little more experienced, but not by much.

“That’s it, isn’t it?” Simon pressed when I didn’t respond. “Is he so much better at kissing and stuff than I am?”

I grunted. “If you think that I’m breaking up with you because of something so utterly unimportant, you don’t know me very well.”

“So what is it then?” Simon asked, throwing up his hands in a gesture very unlike him. “What did I do?”

“Nothing!” I screamed. “Absolutely nothing. It’s just not working. Don’t tell me you’re happy with the way things are!”