Extra 85: Forget You

Thank you for 45K!
------------------------------------------
       I was currently sitting in S.T.A.R Labs in the medical bay. I sat next to my fiancé who had no clue who or what anything was.
Flashback:
"Behind you!" I yelled to Barry as the billboard came crashing down on top of him. The meta got away, but I ran to help him. I dug though the rubble and found his hand. He wasn't moving.
Civilians ran to the scene and helped me save their beloved Flash. They then helped carry him to the hospital, and later I brought him to S.T.A.R Labs. They got him stabilized, but he was in another coma.
When he awoke, it was the best news I had ever heard. But that came with a downside.
      Present:
     "Who are you?" He asked, pulling his hand away from mine. "I don't know you....."
     "Yes you do Bar.....do you see this ring? You got it for me. I love you and you love me. We're together. We have a house and everything."
      "I'm sorry, but I don't think we do. I don't know you. I would tell you if I knew. I don't know any of you," he said glancing around the room.
        It has been days since the accident and no change. I tear up at the thought that this could be forever. Giving up hope, I sped out of S.T.A.R. Labs and went home. I sat on the couch and cried. This is how it was for days. I would still visit Barry, but as the amnesia got worse, my visits became less frequent. He began to lose all his memory. Any memory he had left was gone.
     Everyone took time to talk to him before it got to the worst point. Even our friends from Starling came. I even brought our little puppy to visit him. 
      One day when I was visiting, I had brought the little puppy with me. Barry laughed as the puppy licked his face.
       "Buddy, stop.....stop....." he pleaded in between giggles. I perked up. Buddy I thought. It's coming back! I got up in excitement and ran to tell Cisco and Caitlin.
        Day by day it got better. More and more little details came up. Eventually, he remembered everyone and everything except me. Anything that had to do with me was completely gone.
         "This was you and I when you moved into the house," I said flipping another page and pointing at the picture. I showed him all the scrapbooks I had made. Anything to jog his memory of my presence in his life.
          "And here we are with all our friends and family. This was at our pool party. Remember when you threw me in the pool?" I asked. He hesitated to answer.
        "I..............do..............all of our friends were there. I also remember the time we went bowling with Eddie and Iris. I remember when I proposed. All those dates, days in the lab, lives saved, moments treasured......it's all there! I remember!"
      "You're back!" I exclaimed as I hugged him tightly. I kissed him and be returned it. "I thought I lost you. You remembered everything except me. And I thought I was gonna have to live without you. I can't do that. I need you. I'm just glad you're back! Everyone missed you," I said as they all nodded. "They couldn't live without you either. We all thought we were gonna lose you."
        "I will never leave you. Any of you. And that's a promise."
------------------------------------
Thank you for 45K! I hope you enjoyed and i'll see you in the next short. Check out my new book!
-Flashette1