Extra 48: Our Little Secret

Thank you for 29K! Enjoy!
---------------------
I was sitting in science class watching as my best friend flirted with my other best friend. It was 11th grade and he still didn't have the guts to ask her out.
      We were currently waiting for our teacher to assign us our partners for our science project and I really wanted Barry to be my partner. I found myself falling for him slowly but I also wanted to work with him because he was my best friend.
      "Tony......and Iris," my teacher said. Iris rolled her eyes and Tony shot a glare in her direction. Our teacher walked down every aisle giving out the partners until she got to me.
       "Chloe and Barry...." I mentally pumped my fist in the air and sent a glare in Barry's direction.
       "No fair, you put the two super nerds together. They're going to get an A++," one of our classmates said. The teacher rolled her eyes and carried on.   
     We got to work on our project and I couldn't keep myself from blushing or staring at all the cute things he does when he's thinking. In 10 minutes we had our project idea and got started.
      We didn't have enough time to finish it in school so we brought it home to finish.
     Joe wasn't home and we had finished our project. Barry and I were now sitting next to eachother finishing our report. Our hands brushed when we went to grab the science book and a blush coated my cheeks. Barry noticed and blushed as well. I gave him a shy smile and he returned it. It was cute how socially similar we were.
      When the blush left our cheeks we resumed the report until it was done.
      "And........done," I said hitting the last key on the keyboard. Barry took the computer from me and placed it on the table. The last step was to proofread it but we could do that later.
       "Nice work. We got it done in a matter of hours and some people in our class probably haven't even started yet."
       "Very true Mr Allen, we make a great pair."
        "Yes we do," Barry said looking at me. A smile appeared on my face just as Barry was slowly coming closer. I met him halfway and brought our lips together. It was everything I imagined. We held the kiss for a few seconds before we broke it and looked at eachother.
       "Never tell Iris," we both said in unison. We then laughed and proceeded to put our project stuff away and edit the report. We never spoke of that kiss again. Yes it still comes to mind, but never out of my mouth.
----------------------
     I hope you enjoyed and thank you for 29K! (Now 30) but I make a short for every K so here it is. See you in the next short!
-Flashette1