Extra 83: Attic

Thank you for 22K! Enjoy!
-------------------------------------------
I covered my eyes as I cleaned out our dusty attic. It had been crawling with spiders, small insects, and I could hear rustling coming from the back.
I found many boxes of photos and belongings of family members. One box appeared to have Christmas ornaments. It held glass balls. Inside the balls were pictures, small objects, or paint. On each ball, a name was written. I thought Barry would want to see them, so I carried them down the stairs. But as I came down, one slipped off the top of the box and crashed onto the floor. Barry heard it and rushed to the scene. But as he came up the stairs, we were both left in shock. Nora was standing in front of us. We couldn't believe it. She was actually standing there. We weren't just imagining it.
"Mom?"Barry asked.
"Yes, honey. It's me."
"I thought you were-"
"Yeah. I am. But when that ball was dropped, my spirit was released. I'm here now. But not for long."
"I can't believe it's actually you. There are so many things I want to tell you."
"And I'm aware of that. I've seen everything. I'm so proud of you. Every one is. Even your parents Chloe."
I smiled.
"Chloe, why don't you let your parents go?" Barry asked me. I contemplated the situation and gave my answer:
"I'll wait on that. For when I really need it."
Barry and his mom went into deep conversation and I went back upstairs. I put the balls back before I felt a presence in the room. Nora was standing there holding the glass ball she emerged from. It was perfectly put together.
"Thank you for taking care of my son. He's so happy and that's because of you. You've given him so much love and you've helped him get through the death of Henry and I. I can't thank you enough."
"No thank you is necessary. You're the reason he's here right now."
"And you're the reason why he's alive." I stopped for a second before walking up to Nora and hugging her.
"Thank you," I said one last time before taking the cap back off the globe. She faded away, still with a smile on her face. But she managed to say:
"I'm only one drop away."
And that's what I remembered. When we needed help or guidance, we pulled those dusty globes out of the attic and watched as our parents and relatives emerged from them. They helped us through so much and it was all because of that old, dusty, and somewhat magical attic.
---------------------------------------
Thank you for 22K! I've been busy, but I'm gonna be uploading alot of shorts, so stay tuned for that.
I also uploaded a book called "Ask Me Anything." It will be a book where I answer questions and you can even request!
So check that out if it seems interesting to you and i'll see you in the next short!
-Flashette1