Extra 31: Goodbye

The first book has hit 24K! Enjoy!
-------------------------------------------
It was great having Ezra around us helping out. But one day he had some bad news for us:
"Mom, dad," he said pulling us out of the cortex.
"I'm sorry to say this but I have to go. I know I just came back and you love having me here but the arrow needs me. They need a speedster in Starling and he wants me there. I'm on the next train to Starling."
I could feel my heart break. We had just gotten our boy back and now he has to leave. But I managed to speak:
"It's okay, we understand."
"Alright. Well.....until you return to Starling..."
"The arrow cave," Cisco yelled.
"I guess this is goodbye," he said with sadness. "You could always skype or call or text or whatever you do."
"We will. I just didn't think you would go so soon....." I said with a tear in my eye.
"I have to go to catch the train. Goodbye mom," he said hugging me. I was now crying and he pulled away from the hug to look at me. He put his hand up to my cheek and wiped my tears away with his thumb.
"It's alright. I'll be okay."
"You'll be okay because we have eyes on you up there."
"Do you? You don't even know the arrow or anyone up there....how?"
"Our friends are a lot closer then you think," I said giving Barry a wink.
"And if you get your own place, I'm going to speed over there just to make sure you're cleaning it and taking good care of yourself."
"Alright mom," he said before letting me go and walking over to say goodbye to Barry.
"Goodbye Ezra James," Barry said with a tear in his eye.
"Goodbye Bartholemew Henry," he replied. Barry blushed nervously at the sound of his full name and playfully shoved Ezra. We then watched as our son grabbed his suitcase and wheeled it away. Taking along our baby boy with it.
----------------------------------
I hope you enjoyed this short. More are on the way and I'll see you in the next one!
              -Flashette1
*THANK
YOU
FOR
24K!*