18

(This chapter will contain events from both "The Reverse Flash Returns" and "Fast Lane")
     After the turtle situation, Barry and I took some time off to spend with each other. There haven't been any other meta's recently, so it made it easier for us to relax. We've been shopping online for baby supplies and spending most of our free time planning our wedding. Our daycation was interrupted when we got a call from Cisco. He was panicking and hyperventilating on the other end of the phone, and we sped over to S.T.A.R. Labs without question. Cisco was sitting in his chair panicking. Harry, Jay, and Caitlin couldn't get him to talk.
     "What's wrong?" I asked Cisco. When he heard the sound of my voice, he clenched onto me and pulled me into a tight hug.
     "It's the Reverse Flash. He's back. I saw him."
     "What did you see?" I asked him.
     "I saw him and Dr McGee. He killed her." And after Cisco said that, I sped over to Mercury Labs. She was nowhere to be found. When I returned, I told them the news.
     "She's fine. Are you sure that's what you saw?"
     "Positive. No one else was there."
    "Was there anything else in your vibe?" Barry asked.
     "Not much. Just him, a machine, a clock..."
     "And what time did the clock say?"
    "9."
    "So It hasn't happened yet and she's safe. We need to wait for this to happen, and when it gets closer to the death part we come in."
    "Great plan. I'll alert Dr McGee," Caitlin said walking away.
     "And now that she is gone, I can tell you guys the good news. The speed cannon is done. We can go to earth 2!"
     "That's great. We'll have to come up with a plan."
    "Sounds good. How's Wally?"
    "Still adjusting. I don't think he likes me very much. He asked me to help him on his project and he got too frustrated and left. He also illegally drag races for money, so that too."
     "He sounds lovely," Cisco said sarcastically. Caitlin came rushing into the cortex and gave us an update on the situation.
     "He's there. He wants her to build him a tacheon machine so he can go home. With some help from Felicity, I managed to hack into the system," she said before showing us the screen. The Reverse Flash was standing unmasked in front of her, begging for her to do something she couldn't. At the point where he became extremely frustrated, Barry and I went in.
      "It's over Eobard."
     "You know me? I must have come here in another timeline. But you're going to be the one that's over."
    "We've caught you before and we aren't afraid to do it again."
     "Well than catch me now," he said before he sped away. Barry and I chased him into an alleyway and that's where the fight began. Barry and I both took turns punching and kicking him. Eobard was losing, due to his lack of hand to hand combat. Barry pinned him up against a chain link fence and began punching him harder.
     "BARRY STOP!" I yelled at him. He threw Eobard's body down on the ground and came over to me. He wrapped me in a hug and squeezed me tight.
     "It's over. He can't harm us again," he said to me, looking down at my stomach. We broke the hug and kissed before bringing Eobard to S.T.A.R. Labs and securing him in the pipeline.
     Barry went down first, asking Eobard a series of questions while I watched from the cortex. I came down after Barry had had enough emotional distress and I took over.
     "Why do you want to kill us?" I asked.
     "Because I want to be the opposite of you. I wanted to be you. I recreated the same events as you, and that's how I became. I looked up to you and I wanted to be better. For every person you saved, I killed, and I wanted to be the only one who could do it."
     "Why did you kill our parents?"
      "What?" He asked. "My mission wasn't to kill them, but it was to kill you both. That has always been my motive." I pulled Barry aside and shared a thought with him:
      "Maybe this Eobard hasn't gone back in time. He could have time jumped."
     "So our parents are still alive?" Barry asked with hope.
     "Even when we went back in time to see them, they still died. In any timeline they still die." I saw the life in Barry's face drain as we went back to talk with the Reverse Flash. We talked with the Reverse Flash until we were called upstairs. We sped upstairs and Cisco was seizing on the medical bed.
    "What happened?" I asked nervously.
    "It's a result of the timeline. Keeping the Reverse Flash here has ruptured it. If we don't fix it, he could die."
    "NO! We just caught him and you expect me to let him go? I can't do that," Barry said.
    "It's him or Cisco Bar," I told him. Barry gave in and agreed. Harry helped us get Eobard sorted out while Caitlin got Cisco stable.
     "So we run around the accelerator all together and we will throw him into the time portal. Got it?"
     "I think so. Ready?"
    "Ready?" I said. I could feel the lightning in my eyes, and I loved the rush of adrenaline before I sped off.  
     After running around the accelerator hundreds of times at our top speed, we threw Eobard in the portal and he was gone. We quickly returned back to Cisco, who was now awake and confused:
     "What happened? I'm hungry..."
     "You almost died. We got rid of the Reverse Flash to save you. And i'll make a stop at Big Belly Burger for you."
    "You let him go?" Cisco asked. "Thank you!"
     "I care way more about losing you," Barry said to Cisco smiling. I got a call from Iris, and she was panicking. I sped out of the door and Barry followed shortly after. When I arrived, the car Wally was in was now upside down in midair, and he was going to crash. I sped off one of the ramps, and got him out of the car safely before the car went down. Wally thanked me and I watched as the car came crashing down. The car crashing had caused another problem. The glass shattered from the windows, and a large fragment was heading straight for Iris. Barry sped to try and stop it, but he was one second short. The fragment went into her right shoulder, causing her to jerk back and fall into Barry's arms. Barry instantly sped her to the nearest hospital, and I sped Wally to Joe's to warn him.
     When I was changed into regular clothes, I waited anxiously outside the waiting room, biting on my nails to calm myself down. After a while, I laid back and placed a hand on my large, but growing bump. Barry came in a few minutes later crying and I got up and hugged him.
     "It's all my fault, Chloe. I wasn't fast enough. I couldn't stop it. And now she's hurt."
     "Barry, it's okay. I'm sure it wasn't your fault. You just need to relax," I told him. I gave him a hug until we were told we could go in.
      "Iris?" Barry said running in.
      "It's okay Bar, I'm fine. I'm a cop's daughter."
     "But you could have died. I can't lose you."
     "Barry, don't worry about me. You should really go home and get some sleep. I'm fine," she said reassuringly.
     "Okay.....Get better," He said before turning to me. He walked out of the room and I shared a few words with her before leaving. We went to S.T.A.R. Labs to talk to Cisco about the problem.
     "We know what you're going to say, and we've been noticing it too. We know you're slower. Both of you have been. But this time, it's really shown. We thought it was some type of psychological thing, but it's not."
      "Then what is it then?" I asked.
      "Me," Harry said walking into the cortex. "Zoom told me that if I stole your speed, I could get my Jessie back, and I agreed."
    "You made us trust you and you betrayed us......Why?"
     "Because at that time, I wasn't being bribed by Zoom. You will understand when you become a parent," Harry said walking up to our suits and ripping off the emblems. He took a device off of both and smashed it to the ground. Barry sped away, and I had no idea where he was going, but I followed.