The stuff that follows us..

The moonlight illuminated the silver blade reflecting its light across the room. Wielding a knife in his hand I watched the eyes I had come to love turn cold and dead.

"P-please." I whispered. "Please I'm sorry. I can change."

He didn't reply, he simply took a step forward closer to me as I tried to pull on the ties around my hands.

"Please, I didn't mean it I'm sorry. I'm sorry." I cried as he got closer, my anxiety was going through the roof, my heart beat was one continuous rapid pumping, my body was shaking in fear.

Then he charged at me, I knew it was coming and began screaming.

----

"Maria! Maria! Wake up! Wake up!" A voice shouted as I sat up gasping for air in the darkness.

"It's me. Maria, look at me. Can you see me?" Zak asked holding my face.

I nodded.

"Another night terror.. Jesus you're terrified and shaking like a leaf." He whispered.

I was in a state of shock, I normally was after an episode like this.

"Okay let's get you in the bath sweetheart... Come on." He spoke softly helping me out of bed and to the bathroom.

He deposited me on the toilet and ran a small bath before helping me out my clothes. I felt locked into my body, helpless that yet again I had been terrified half to death by a dream.

"Come on darling.. Slowly." Zak whispered helping me in the bath.

I hugged my knees to my chest and went off in my mind.

The only time I came back was when Zak moved my head back for the water and when I was sat on the bed and he was drying my hair.

"I'm getting another cleansing, I'm not having you like this." He answered with anger and upset in his voice.

"I-it's okay." I whispered.

"No it's not. You're all over the place and it's breaking my heart seeing you so out of it." He replied.

It all started after he finished up the footage of the demon house. Only when he came home... He didn't come alone.

Like a hotline to the demons, the once tranquil house was slowly being pulled into the demons clutches and I was in the firing line for most of it..

I've been pinched, bruised and scratched.

But now they were messing with me mentally and I was losing.. Fast.

"I'm sorry." I whispered as he changed the sheets on the bed. I was having cold sweats.. And when I say cold sweats.. I meant dripping wet, at first when it happened I thought I had wet the bed. I cried when I had to wake Zak up to change the bed in embarrassment.

But then I realised every piece of cloth on my skin was soaked. Especially my tank top.

He noticed it instantly and then the routine began..

I hated disturbing his sleep, and often in the day we would have an argument, I'd cry and then we'd lay on the couch together hugging until we both fell asleep. Every week I was desperate to get out and go on another lockdown, tomorrow we were heading out again, I couldn't wait!

"That's it.. Lay down." Zak whispered putting me back to bed.

I began to get scared and kept my eyes on him as he got in and got in close to me.