Chapter 55

By now, you must have read the author’s note about 50 times or something. :P You know this book has been published, and you’ve read a bunch of chapters, so you must like the story. :) The book is only $16.99 so go and order yourself a copy!

The link: https://www.createspace.com/4799393

If you want to order on Amazon, massage me for the link!

=======

 Demona’s point of view

When I went to bed after Eros’ had pretty much delivered me at my room, I felt empty inside. Somehow, I had forced Eros, of all people, to be the one to get me out of my dark place, where I’d been for a week now. That wasn’t fair to him and I was ashamed of the way I’d acted the past few days. If Eros Slayer thought it was necessary to come and talk some sense into me, I must have been even father gone than I’d thought.

It was still light outside when I crawled into bed, and dinner wouldn’t be served for over an hour, but I was too tired to care about what time I was supposed to go to bed. I was tired, so I would go to sleep: simple little thoughts like that were all I could handle right then. Tomorrow, I would do as Eros had said: be strong, convince Simon to come back to me and get the hell back to my old self. But right now, all I really needed to do was sleep.

When I woke up, I felt even more tired than when I’d fallen asleep. It was only six thirty and I could feel Simon was still soundly asleep. Eros seemed to have woken up only minutes ago as well, since his brain felt as foggy and drained as mine did. I felt a tiny little surge of adrenaline being pumped through my veins, and I was sure that wasn’t my own doing: it was Eros saying good morning. I smiled a little and sat up, focusing on the bond; if he could do it, I could to. So I shot the adrenaline right back at him, feeling a little winded after.

While I rubbed my head, trying to will away the upcoming headache, my phone buzzed. I quickly picked it up from my nightstand and opened the text.

“Don’t give me too much, you might faint on me, little vampire.” I smiled at the Eros’ nickname for me. It wasn’t a lie: I was pretty small and I was in the transition of becoming a vampire, but it sounded so strange to be called a little vampire. Like I was some kind of innocent little girl who dreamed of being a princess or something. I had a vision of myself in flowing pink gown and a crown on my head and giggled.

I actually giggled. I was startled from the sounds of my own laugh and sat still for just a moment. I realized I hadn’t laughed since Simon had… No wait, I had: when Eros had tickled me yesterday, right before we almost…

It all came rushing back to me then, freezing the smile right on my face. It felt strained now, unnatural. I knew that kissing Eros wouldn’t technically have counted as cheating, but there wasn’t much difference. It was so unfair of me to betray Simon, to lead Eros on… I felt especially guilty about what I’d done to Eros by getting so close to him. He’d shown so much restraint, so much strength and kindness yesterday; I was truly amazed by him. I’d known he liked me, I’d known he was a good guy… but I hadn’t expected him to have changed this much, honestly.

My phone buzzed again. “No frowny face today, little one… Care to join me for a run?”

I thought about that for a moment. It had been months since I’d last gone for a run. During the last summer vacation, Anne had decided we needed to get into shape before the new school year started, so we’d started running every other day. Jennifer, Samuel, Greg, Hailey and Paul had all come with us from time to time, but only Greg had managed to stick with us during the entire summer.