Chapter 50

By now, you must have read the author’s note about 40 times or something. :P You know this book has been published, and you’ve read a bunch of chapters, so you must like the story. :) The book is only $16.99 so go and order yourself a copy!

The link: https://www.createspace.com/4799393

If you want to order on Amazon, massage me for the link!

=======

Note: I want to thank you all for the sweet comments underneath every chapter. Keep them coming, I alway love reading them, reacting to them and they keep me motivated! One of the sweetest comments on chapter 49 was from xXADreamingRealityXx, so this chapter is for you!

 Enjoy!!

------------

 Simon’s point of view

“Demona, what do you feel?” I asked very slowly. “Tell me – I need to go get the nurse.” I tried not to let it show, but I was seriously freaking out.

“No...” she whispered. “I... I feel... control, need control... Need... control... badly...”

Control? What the hell? I sat down on my knees in front of her and tried to take her hand. She made a tiny little jerking motion, obviously meant to get away from me. She must really be hurting for her to want me to keep my distance.

“What do you need control for, Dem?” I asked as quietly as possible, trying not to set her off.

“Control...” she whimpered. “I promised... promised... Demona.”

Okay – this was truly insane. She must be having feverish dreams or something, because why would she promise herself anything? And control, what did she mean by that? Then it suddenly hit me.

“Honey...” I whispered, surprised at the term of endearment myself. “Is it Eros?”

“I promised her...” she repeated. “Control... I need...”

Well, that wasn’t really an answer, but it was as much as I was gonna get from her. At least now I knew this was all Eros’ doing. How this was possible, I wasn’t sure, but I needed to find him to make this stop.

“Dem, can you walk?” I asked, getting up. When she didn’t react, I realized my mistake – how the hell could a girl that couldn’t even react to anything I said possibly walk? Stupid. I took my cell phone out and called Will.

“What’s wrong with her?” Will asked the moment he saw Demona’s greyish face.

“She’s sick,” I grunted. “I am going to get some help – can you take care of her?”

“What’s up?” a perky voice sounded behind Will. Antwan was standing in the hallway, trying to peek inside. “I came as soon as Will called.”

“Why did you call him?” I looked at both of them in surprise – why so much commotion, they didn’t know what I knew, after all. Why would they panic?

“You sounded real freaked, dude,” Will explained. “Now tell us why she can’t be alone for a moment.”

I sighed and kneeled in front of Demona, carefully not touching her when I leaned in. “Sweetie...” Again the term of endearment – where was this coming from? Panic and concern did strange things to me... “How are you feeling?”