Summer holidays

When the summer holidays started for Elsa and I, harry and Bella still went to nursery every morning and at lunch time we would pick them up. we had moved into the penthouse flat of Victoria court. It had four bedrooms and had plenty of room for us. Harry and I both had our own rooms. mum did too. While Bella and Elsa shared a room.

Everyday when mum would work I would stay in the flat in the morning wit Elsa, then we would get dressed and go and collect Bella and Harry from nursery. we would walk home and go to see mum at the factory while everyone was on their lunch. we would go home after that and have our lunch. in the afternoons we usually went to the red wreck with Amy and go round the shops in town.

One day at the start of August, we were walking down coronation street when we saw ken. he had been in Canada taking care of a family member. Harry and Amy ran up to him and gave him a massive hug. Bella, Elsa and I stood a couple of metres away. "hi girls" he said walking towards us and hugging us each. by this time Amy had ran over to the Kabin. "how's your mum and Peter?" Bella looked at me. "you don't know do you?" I said realising that Deirdre hadn't told him anything. "don't know what?" He asked curiously. "come to the pub" I said walking towards the rovers. I turned around and he was walking behind.

When we arrived we sat down in the booth. Bella, Elsa and Harry sat next to me and ken sat down opposite us. "Isla, what has happened?"
It took me a while but I told him everything. I told him about the baby, about Peter, Leanne, Tina and rob. I told him about Simon and the new flat. everything I knew I told him. at the end I said "anything else you want to know?" "How have you and Carla dealt with all of this?" "Who knows?"I replied "I am sorry I had to tell you all of this" I said looking at my phone. it was 5:30pm already. "no Isla I am sorry that you have had to do this to you and your family." "don't worry about, but I have to get these three home for dinner and go and sort mum out. she's so tired and she won't give herself a break." "ok then thank you though bye."

I left the pub with the kids, holding Bella's hand. we walked home quietly until my phone rang. I pulled it out of my pocket and answered it. "hello mum" I said "where are you two?" "We are just outside Roy's we are on our way." "ok" she replied. we continued to walk home. When we got through the door, Bella and Elsa ran into their room, while Harry climbed into the sofa next to mum, who was sat on the sofa. I sat down next to her and slipped off my shoes. "kens back" I said, "he didn't know about any of this" "what nothing?" I shook my head. "did Deirdre not tell him then?" "It appears so" mum moved around a bit and rested her head on me. I stroked her hair and we cuddled, before I went to put the kids to bed and went to sleep myself.