Nightcrawler x child reader fluff

Reader is gender natural

Requested by kitkatttzzyyy

You were a orphan who used to live in a orphanage where the most meanest man who you kids calls him evil boss who owns this orphanage. That boss treated you and the others like trash and hardly feed you guys. Until one day you had enough and escaped from the insane orphanage and ran to the woods far away from that insane place. Part of you felt guilty of leaving the other kids behind even though they were kinda mean to you. But they don't deserve the torment from that evil person. Hopefully they can escape and call for help. Wondering around the woods looking for somewhere or someone for help. That is until you noticed a strange lab hidden in the woods. You slowly walk up to it and noticed that it abandoned and rusted.

You noticed it staring to rain and quickly went inside the building. You see the elevator and got in going down to the underground. Once it reach the around floor and opens it doors to see it the office. "Wow...what is this place? Where is everyone?" You asked yourself as you felt like you're in another world from how modern the place looked. You slowly walk to the door that leads to the gardens. As you were walking you see something moving around in the greenhouse and was heading your way. You quickly hide behind some boxes and walks someone walk in the glass hallway. Seeing that the figure look like a bug and it green with flowers in it tail. It look around in confusion. "Hmm i thought i heard something. " It said as it goes back to where it come from. Slowly coming out of your hiding place after the creature left you slowly walk in the garden to see a large tree and few pups playing..

You see the pups and wanted to play with them. One of them noticed you and runs to you and bark playful wagging it tail. "Aww hi there buddy." You said as you pet it head making it wag it tail more. The pups friends noticed you and runs over to play with you. Playing hide and seek, playing tag you guys starting to get hungry. "I should of taken some food from the orphanage..." You said as you look at the pups. "Do you guys know where the food is?" You asked as one of the pups nods and runs out the door with it friend following. You begin to follow them as they lead you to the cafe. When you guys walk in to see many creature are inside eating their food. That gets you scared as you're about to leave the cafe but one of the pups tug at your pants leg trying to drag you to the counter. You guess you have no other choice but to go to the counter. A mochi see you with the pups and poke sprinkle kit. The ice cream cat see you and was shock to see a human child for the first time. "Oh my gosh is a human but why are they small and frail?" She asked as she looked concern for your health. When you asked for f/f (favorite food) mochi and sprinkle kit gives the food to you, you thanked them and walk to look for a table. You noticed the tables are except for one where a strange lizard with googles sitting by himself.

You walk over to him and smile. "Umm excuse me can i sit here?" "No..." "Why?" "Because i said so go away!" "I don't take no for an answer so... I'll sit here." You said as you next to him as you stick your tongue at him. That got him angry as he move away from you. He couldn't attack you because sprinkle kit is giving him a glare that said "don't even dare hurting them." Since him and sprinkle kits are mates he wouldn't dare harming you or else he'll get the yells from the angry ice cream cat. In fact she'll melt if she gets to angry witch he didn't want that to happen. You look at his googles and see them pretty cool. So you reach out to grab them but was stop by a paw grabbing your arm gently before pushing it away from the googles. "Don't touch them..." He grumbles as he sighs as you look at him curiously. "But they looked cool.." You whines as he growl quiet making you stay quiet. After eating you follow the nightcrawler and sprinkle kit to their hideout of course Nightcrawler was annoyed but sprinkle kit didn't seem to mind you being around them. She seem to find you as her child as she love how playful and curious you are. But was always there to stop nightcrawler if he was at his limit to attack you.

You always asked sprinkle kit why nightcrawler didn't like you. "He doesn't hate you sweetie. It just that he doesn't trust humans. They always keep hunting him down to do experiment on him. But don't worry just give it some time and he'll get use to you." She said as she pet your head making you sigh sadly as you wanted to be the nightcrawler friend. As time went on you starting to get used to the place the goos starting to get use to you as you made some friends with some hazzys, cattes, figs,plantixs, and the slimes pups. Of course you always play with the nightcrawler tail witch he let you play of course. He starting to getting use of you being around him sometime whenever you have a nightmare he always held you in his arms making you feel safe. One day while you were out playing with the pups a sudden blackout occurred making the pups whimper and ran away. "Wait come back!" You said as you chase after them and end up getting lost in the dark. You start to get scared as you walk around. "N n nighty s s sprinkle??" You asked scared as you look around see glowing crystals around. "Are you lost little human..?" Someone said making you yelp before turning around to see a tall panther staring at you with red and gold eyes. Something about them is scaring you as you slowly nod. "Y yes...i was looking for nighty and sprinkle have you seen them?" You asked the panther hoping they can help you find your way back. "Oh yes i know where they are follow me." They  said as they lead you to where you think they might be but you didn't realized he was leading you to a trap. But didn't realized someone is following you two vary quickly.

The panther lead you to a dark area part of the caves witch it their hideout. The panther have their claws out ready to strike their attack. "Are you sure they are in here somewhere?" You asked as you look around the place. Suddenly you noticed the broken pup masks and slime puddles as fear slowly raising. "W w what t that?" You said pointing the broken masks and puddles. The panther chuckles. "Oh? Don't you like my decorations of the place? Hehe those are the friends that you bonded." The panther purrs making you tear up and cry holding a broken mask. "Don't worry you soon be joining them once im done with you." The panther said as he raise claws to attack. You quickly cover your eyes waiting for him to attack but hear a hiss and something attacking someone. You open your eyes to see the nightcrawler fighting the panther. "N nighty!?" You asked as you watch the two goos fight to death. "Run y/n!" He should as he hold the panther from grabbing you. "What about you!?" "I'll be fine now go follow the sinoxs light" He shout as you ran away from the panthers hideout. You saw few of the sinoxs and run to them. When they saw you they looked shock. "You're the small human that sprinkle was worrying about?" One of the sinox asked as you nod and told them what happened as they got even more shock as one of them bring you back to sprinkle kit who hugging you tightly. The sinox that brought you back told her what happened as she shocked and worried for nightcrawler. "Is he going to be ok?" You asked the ice cream cat. "He will be alright we just have to wait." She said as the two of you wait for the nightcrawler to return.

Time skip

You feel asleep after the stress of almost being eaten by the panther. You felt something hug you and nuzzling you. "S sprinkle is that you?" You said sleepy. "Hehe no im not sprinkle it nighty." Someone said making you wake up to see nightcrawler holding you in his arm. "Nighty you're ok!" You hug him tightly as you start to cry from happiness. "I thought i lost you!" You said as you sniff looking up at the lizard. "Hehe you can't lose me that easy." He said as he pet your head. "Aww finally someone is warming up to the little one." Sprinkle kit said giggling before being pulled by the nightcrawler joining in a group hug.