Chapter 24: Divine Move.

Scott, Stiles, Lydia, Allison, Kira, and Lizzie went to the school, where they were supposed to meet Derek and Peter. Stiles was very beaten; he was pale, had deep eyebags and had to support part of his weight on Lydia.
-Scott, hold on. -He called when they were standing by the door. -I know what you're all thinking. If this works, it might kill me, too. But even if it does, you have to go through with it. Stick with the plan, ok?
-The plan is to save you; that's the plan I'm going with. -Scott said. ButFor Stiles himself, being saved was the least important part. He wanted to get this over with, to make sure that his friends were safe and that Carolinne would be avenged. If she died, he would never forgive himself, no matter how many times people told him that it hadn't been his fault, because that monster had his face.

They opened the side door to the school building, but when they walked in, they were no longer at Beacon Hills High. They were at the same garden where Chris Argent had shot an Oni and saved Katashi years before; it was freezing, and the place was covered in snow.
-Oh, this is definitely not part of the plan.
--------------------------------------

Outside, Derek and Peter were waiting for the teens with the Triskelion box. But there was someone else who wanted to meet them.
-Did you bring us a present? -The Nogitsune asked them. He had an Oni standing on each of his sides.
-We brought two. -Derek said, placing the box on the floor. In that moment, the twins showed up.
-I've heard of an Alpha Pack, Derek, but not a pack of former Alphas. It's a little sad, isn't it?
-I might not be an Alpha anymore, but I can still fight like one.
-Oh, I won't argue with that. I mean, if we take the blades out of the equation, you can still fight better than your girfriend.
-Don't you talk about Carolinne.
-Woah, he's mad. But it was beautiful, wasn't it? Your beautiful girl gasping for air while you pressed your hands harder and harder against her neck.
-What is he talking about? -Peter asked.
-Nothing. -Derek mumbled.
-He hasn't told you? -A teasing smile appeared on the thing's face. -He almost choked her with his bare hands two days ago, and not in a dirty way. Those purple bruises on her neck... Good thing she can heal; from those, at least. But maybe not from the katana, or so I've heard. By the way, how is she, Derek? Is she dead yet?
-SHUT UP! -Peter yelled.
-Awn, look who has a soft spot for "Blondie".
-You're gonna pay for this. -Both Hales and the twins had now assumed their werewolf form. The Oni prepared their swords, and the fight began.
--------------------------

Back with the teens, it was starting to snow in the garden when the other version of the Nogitsune showed up; the version who looked like Rhys' corpse covered in bandages. It was an illusion, but they didn't know that. Kira pulled out her Katana.
-Like I promissed, Stiles, we're going to kill all of them. ONE... BY... ONE! -He yelled, his voice deep and guttural. More Oni materialized behind him. In seconds, the teens were surrounded by the spirits.
-What the hell is this? -Scott questioned him. -Where are we?
-Between life and death.
-Bardo. -Lydia stated.
-But there are no peaceful deities here, Lydia. You're dying, Stiles, and now everyone you care about is dying, too.
-What do you mean?
-I've caputured almost all of the territories on the board, Stiles. The hospital, the sheriff's station, and now the animal clinic. Do you know the ritual of seppuku, Stiles?
-No, and I don't want to.
-When a samurai desembowels himself with his own sword to mantain his honor, but that's not the cut that kills him. The killing stroke is made by his kaishakunin, who beheads the samurai with his own katana.
-That's a lot of fancy words for "dying from fragile masculinity". -Alice raised a brow and Kira nodded in agreement.
-Scott... Scott is your  kaishakunin. I'm going to make your best friend kill you, Stiles, and you're going to let him. Because just like you, they're all going to die. Everyone touched by an Oni's blade, unless Scott kills you first.
-Ok. So, maybe we're all gonna die. -Allison prepared her bow. -But so are you.

She shot a silver arrow at one of the Oni and the same thing from hours before happened again. A green light started coming out of it's chest until it dissapeared. And so another chaotic battle began. Scott and Kira were defending Allison from the other Oni, who were now all going for her, while said girl tried to find a place from where she could safely shot more arrows.
-How is this happening? How are we in this place?! -Scott questiones.
-You're asking me? A month ago, I'd never even touched a sword! -Kira replied. While one of the Oni was busy fighting the Kitsune, Allison managed to run away and shot it from the back. One more gone, two left. Except... There were four again?
-How are you doing this?! -Lizzie asked her.
-It's the silver! Silver is like a poison to them!
-Say no more! -Alice grabbed a double-action revolver that was filled with silver bullets and started shot two at the Oni. The bullets, unlike the arrows, didn't stay inside of the Oni, so they weren't enough to kill them. But they could still slow them down, which made things a lot easier for Scott and Kira.
-This can't be real. -Lydia stated to herself.
-Yeah, tell that to them. -Stiles said.

At one point, Kira dropped her sword. And the person to get it was Stiles, who pinted it at himself.
-STILES, NO! -Scott yelled. -STILES!
-What if it saves you? What of it saves all of you?
-What if it's just another trick? -Lydia questioned.
-No more tricks, Lydia. -The Nogitsune told her. End it, Scott. Let your friend fall on his own sword. Do for him what he cannot do for himself. Do it, Scott. Be his kaishakunin. Give up the game. -It kept saying. Stiles was going to do it himself, he was tightening his hold on the sword, but he saw something. He saw something reflected in the Katana that snapped him back.
-You have no moves left. -The Nogitsune insistes.
-Yes, I do. -Stiles threw the Katana back to Kira. -A Divine Move. Stop fighting them, it's an ilusion, you have to stop fighting them. It looks real, and it feels real, but Scott, you gotta trust me, it's an ilusion.

Guided by Scott and Kira, the group walked right through the army Oni. They were hit and cut with the blades several times, but they kept on going, until they were in front of the Nogitsune. With glowing red eyes, Scott pushed it out of the door and finallu they were back in reality.
-Were ok. -Scott stated. -We're--
-This was my game. -The real Nogitsune showed up and threw the werewolf against the lockers. Allison saw a window of opportunity, so she grabbed her arrows and rushed outside to go meet Derek and Peter.
-Dude, you're literally everywhere. -Stiles sighed.
-You think you can beat me at MY GAME?! Divine Move... Divine Move, you think you have ANY moves at all?! You can kill the Oni, but me?! I'm a thousand years old, YOU CAN'T KILL ME!!
-How very Klaus Mikaelson of you. Are you done with the speech? -Lizzie crossed her arms.
-We can't kill you. -Lydia agreed. -But we can change you.
-...What?
-You forgot about the scroll. -Stiles explained.
-The Shungedo scroll. -Lydia added.
-Change the host. -The demon concluded.
-You can't be a fox and a wolf.

In that moment, Scott came behind the Nogitsune and bit him in the shoulder. It let out a pain scream, and to finish him off, Kira pierced the Katana through his chest. It collapsed on the floor, a fly came out of his mouth, and Isaac was standing right there with the Triskelion box. The bug flew right inside and they he closed it. They watched as the fake Stiles in the room turnes to ashes like Voldemort in the final Harry Potter movie and a wave of relief washed through them all when they realized that it was over. The Nogitsune was gone. The peace didn't last long, however. Stiles passed out right beside them; thankfully, he came back after a few seconds.
-Oh, God. I fainted, didn't I?
-Yeah. -Liz nodded while they all chuckled at the scene.
-We're alive? We're all alive?
-Yeah. We're ok. -Scott assured. -Most of us, at least.
-She's gonna make it, right? I mean, it's Carol, she can't...
-We don't know, Stiles. -Lydia looked at him sadly. -But we hope so.

They all walked outside quietly. There, Allison and her father had taken down all of the Oni with their arrows, and Ethan was thanking Allison for saving his brother's life.
-It a cycle. -Allison told him. -Care saved my life, and now, I saved Aiden's.
-Thank you.
-Is it over? -The huntress asked her friends. They all nodded and she sighed, feeling the same wave of relief the others had felt. The Nogitsune was gone.

Derek's phone rang, breaking the peaceful silence that had taken care of the place. They all froze when he told them who was calling: It was David Whittemore.