Chapter 24: Come back to me.

-You... -Carolinne growled and pulled her dagger once again. -YOU did this to him! The only rabid monster here is YOU, Gerard!
-Carol, don't. -Scott warned, as she prepared to attack Gerard.
-What? Now you're trying to save your coworker? This is your fault too.
-Coworker? -Chris stared at Scott?
-Oh, you didn't know? Your father made a deal with Scott. He wouldn't kill Melissa if Scott served as his spy inside of Derek's pack.

Chris was about to confront Gerard when Jackson suddenly attacked Derek, who was still bent over him, ready to kill him. He digged his claws into Derek's chest and threw him many feet away.
-Well done to the last, Scott. -Gerard continued talking. -Like the concerned friend you are, you brought Jackson to Derek to save him. You just didn't realize that you were also bringing Derek to me.

Isaac was hit in the chest with an arrow, and they spotted the silhouette of a girl behind Gerard.
-Allison?
From that moment, everything was a mess. Chris started shooting Jackson, who dodged every single bullet, and with his tail, maneged to take the gun out of the hunter's hands. He attacked Chris and threw him far away, just like he'd done to Derek. Speaking of Derek, he was already healed and on his feet; he jumped right in front of Jackson and they were ready to fight, but Carol got in the middle, knowing that neither of them would attack her. She kept them apart until Scott and Isaac arrived and the whole thing blew up again. Claws, fangs and glowing eyes everywhere, Jackson dodged all of the strikes, throwing Scott far away and leaving Derek paralyzed while Allison handled Isaac. In the end, only Scott, Alli, and Carol were left standing. Allison prepared to kill Derek with her chinese daggers (that, for the record, were gorgeous):
-No, Allison! -Scott yelled
-Alli, don't!
In that moment, Jackson came behind Allison and grabbed her neck.
-Not yet, sweetheart. -Gerard walked in.
-What are you doing? -Alli questioned.
-He's doing what he came here to do. -Was Scott's reply.
-Then you know. -Gerard looked at him.
-What's he talking about? -Allison asked again, but he ignored her.
-It was that night outside the hospital, wasn't it? When I threatened your mother. I knew I saw something in your eyes. You could smell it, couldn't you?
-He's dying. -Isaac concluded, and now that they'd mentioned it, Carol could smell it too.
-I am. -Gerard confirmed. -I have been for a while now. Unfortunately, science doesn't have a cure for cancer yet. But the supernatural does. -He looked down at Derek amd everything made sense: he wanted the Bite.
-You monster. -Chris said, disgusted.
-Not yet.
-What are you doing? -Allison yelled.
-You'll kill her too? -Chris was furious.
-When it comes to survival, I'd kill my own son! Scott?

Scott walked towards Derek and pulled him up by the neck.
-Scott, don't. -The still paralyzed Alpha said. -You know he's gonna kill me right after. He'll be an Alpha.
-That's true. -Gerard confirmed. -But I think he already knowa that, don't you, Scott? He knows that the ultimate prizeis Allison. Do this small task for me, and they can be toghether, you are the only piece that doesn't fit, Derek. And in case you haven't learned yet, there is just no competing with young love.
-Scott, don't! Don't! -He said again, but Scott ignored it. -DON'T!
-I'm sorry! But I have to.
-STOP! -Carolinne yelled. -I can't let you di that, Scott.
-You have to.
-No. -She growled. -I do not. -She brought out her claws and fangs, and attacked him. He leg go of Derek's neck and was ready to attack her back, but she pulled out the wolfsbane mace spray and used it on him, catching everyone by surprise, exceot for Derek and Peter. He fell to the ground, coughing and trying to breathe.
-Is that wolfsbane? -Chris asked.
-Yes.
-Where the hell did you get that?
-Alice gave it to me.
-That should've hurt you too. -Gerard observed.
-In deed. But you're not the only one with KittyKat vibes here, Gerard.
-Are you sure you wanna do this, Miss Whittemore? Your best friend's life is in my hands, and you're siding agaisnt me?

She looked at Alli then at Derek, and Alli again.
-She's not gonna die.
-I wouldn't be so sure of that. -He looked at Jackson and the Kanima's grip on Allison's neck tightened.
-Damn right she isn't. -Chris steped foward and knocked Carolinne down, holding her arms back and keeping her from moving. -Scott, do it.
-GET OFF ME!
-I'm not gonna take the risk of losing my daughter because you wanna save your Alpha.