Chapter 11: Heartbeats, anchor.

The morning after her movie night, Stiles told her what had happened that night. There had been an attack, but turns out this time it was an actual mountain-lion, and Chris Argent put it down. Mr. Stilinski had gotten hurt, but nothing serious, and Allison and Scott had been caught. Both were grounded, but neither cared, they still met each other in secret. Now, not only they had to hide from their parents, but also Derek told Scott that he should stay away from Allison.
-So, he just showed up in the parking lot out of the blues? Geez, the man has a thing for parking lots.
-He didn't just show up, he attacked me and broke my phone.
-This is why I always have my daggers and knives with me.
-If I had knives, I could have hurt him.
-Collateral damage. Werewolves heal, and you'd still have a cellphone. But whatever, the important thing is: What are you gonna do about Allison?
-I don't want to stay away from her, but he says I must. Do you think I should?
She gave him a "seriously?" look and said:
-You're asking me if you should take orders from someone who doesn't even pay your bills? Come on, Scotty, you know me better than that.
-I'm taking that as a "no".
-Duh.
-So, I'm meating her tonight. Right?
-Why are you asking me if you're going to meet your girlfriend or not?
-I... Don't know. You know what, I'm going!
-Yeah, that's my boy.
-If I die, it's your fault.
-I'll make a beautiful speech in your funeral.
--------------------------------------
He did as he said. Didn't turn out very well. He had a "friendly" visit from the Alpha in his car, and when he got home Derek wad sitting in his room, waiting like the personification of Death. Once he left, Scott called Carolinne to ask for her help with keeping Allison away.
-Scott? It's usually Stiles who calls me in the middle of my peace... So, appearently you're still alive, which means I don't have to write an eulogy.
-Are you kidding me?! I'm alive because it let me live.
-Wait, you saw the Alpha?
-More like he saw me. But he didn't attack me. He drew a spiral in my car window.
-A spiral?
-Yeah. And when I got home, Derek was sitting in my room, waiting for me like a freaking spirit. And he refuses to tell me what the spiral means.
-I'll get Stiles, and we'll do some research on that.
-Thank you.  And I need another favor.
-What?
-Try to keep Allison away from me tomorrow.
He could picture the dissapointment in her face.
-Scott, my friend... You definitely weren't born to be a rebel, what a pitty. Fine, I'll try my best.
-Thanks. See you tomorrow then.
-Good night.

The next day, Allison showed uo in school with a book, and she seemed pretty concentrated in it. Lydia was quite annoyed, since Alli seemed to be paying more attention to the book than to her and Carolinne, but Carol was thankfull, because that made her job much easier, at least untill lunch. Stiles was still pissed at Scott when class started, but being Stiles, he was quick to let it go when his curiosity became too much to handle. So, when lunch came, the two boys were sitting a few tables away from the three girls. Allison was really excited telling Carol and Lydia about the La Bête du Gévaudan and how her family was involved with it. Lydia was complaining about how boring it was (but secretly liking it) and Carol was truly interested.
-Your ancestors killed a big wolf. So what? -Lydia said.
-I found her story really cool.
-Thanks, Care. AND it's not just a big wolf. Take a look at this picture. What does it look like to you?
She showed a page to Lydia, who stared at it with wide eyes. She seemed off and kind of nervous.
-Lydia?
Nothing.
-Lydia.
Then the girl came back to her senses and said, sounding annoyed:
-It looks like a big wolf. See you in history.
She walked away as Carolinne and Allison looked at each other and shruged. Then Allison asked:
-Hey, do you know why Scott is avoiding me?
Oh, shit.
-He isn't!
-He hasn't talked to me all day.
-Yeah, he just has a lot going on in his mind. It's not you.
Carol took a quick lool behind her shoulder and saw Scott hiding behind a Stiles and book. Then suddenly, Stiles got up and Scott found himself at plain sight.
-Scott! -Alli called. -Scott, wait!
She got up, and started running towards him, Carol right behind her. But before she could get to him, he entered the boys room.
-Scott...
She looked at Carolinne, looking quite frustrated.
-So, he's not avoiding me, right?
-It's nothing about you. It's just Scott being weird because he's Scott. What's your next class?
-I have a free period now.
-Oh right. See you later then.
-See you.
--------------------------------------
Later, she was with the boys in the lacrosse field, where Stiles would tell them his brilliant plan to help Scott because he didn't trust Derek to do it.
-Okay, now put this on. -He instructed Scott, handing him a device.
-Isn't this one of the heart rate monitors for the track team?
-Yeah, I borrowed it.
-Stole it.
-Temporarily misappropriated.
-Nice one, Stilinski! -Carolinne complimented. -You gotta give him some credit for the one, Scott.
-Fine! It was a good idea. Just... A good idea that involves stealing. What's the plan?
-Coach uses it to monitor his heart rate with his phone while he jogs, and you're gonna wear it for the rest of the day.
-That I stole. -Stiles nodded.
-This plan keeps getting better. -Carol said with a smirk.
-Why do we need it?
Stiles started to explain his idea. Acordidng to him, to learn how to control his abilities, Scott should learn to control his heart rate. And it made perfect sense, so he put it to the test.
-I'm starting to think this was a really bad idea. -Scott said when he found himself with his hands taped in his back about to be hit by a bunch of lacrosse balls.
Stiles then proceeded to throw a lot of balls in Scott with a surpisingly good aim and strengh.
-Stiles, is this your way of getting payback for his runaway with Alli? -She asked laughing.
-Maybe.
-Carolinne?!
Oh. Jackson was there?
-Jackson, hey...  -She saw him behind the bleachers. -You don't look so good, are you okay?
-I'm fine, don't worry. What the hell is that?
-Oh, that's... -Think, Carol, think. -Scott messed up with Stiles, Stiles is getting his payback, and I'm here to make sure nobody dies in the process.
He took a quick look back to where Stiles kept throwing balls at Scott and lifted an eybrow at her.
-You people are weird.
-You make it sound like bad thing. See you at later!
She returned to where the boys were feeling a little guilty. She wasn't a fan of lying. But in a certain way, Stiles actually was getting his payback so yeah. It was fun until Scott started to get really angry. His heart rate went up very quickly and he was starting to change, showing them that Stiles' theory was right. Once he was able to calm down, Stiles said:
-Scott, you started to change.
-Anger... But it was more than that. It was like the angrier I got, the stronger I felt.
-So it is anger then, Derek's right.
-I can't be arround Allison.
-Just because she makes you happy?
-No, because she makes me weak.
--------‐-----------------------------
-Hey Carol, I just had a very weird conversation with your brother. -Allison said as they were walking to econ.
-About what?
-He appolagized for being a jerk to Scott and me, made an interesting speech about being the best in the team, and said that he likes us and wants us to like him.
-I met him earlier and found him strange. He said he was fine, and acted normal, I really don't know what's going on.

Class started and poor Scott was tested in all possible ways. First, Allison sat behind him before Stiles could do so. She asked him to meet her by 8:30 at her house. Then coach started talkimg and everything nearly went down the hill. When he found out Scott hadn't done the previous night's reading, oh boy... Not pretty. It was tense, humilliating actually. Scott's heartbeats were getting faster and faster each second until suddenly they got back to normal. And Stiles and Carol bith saw Allison holding his hand under the desked, and they mentally thanked her in every language they could remember. Maybe having her arround wouldn't be bad for him after all. Maybe she was just what he needed to keep things balances. To pull him back to reality. Like... An anchor. Allison wasn't someone that made him weak. She was his anchor.