Chapter 13: Partners in Crime.

A/N: Update yayy ShaunaHughes759!! Yes, I'm alive, and I didn't fall in a hole (cough cough Liam, that was for you) I'm just a senior student. 🥲🥲 Anyways, I hope you guys enjoy this!❤
----------------------------------------------------

Carolinne, Lydia, Scott, Melissa, and Rafael were sitting at the Hospital and waiting for Noah to come back with news about Stiles.
-He's sleeping now. -Noah announced as he walked towards them. -And he's just fine. He doesn't remember much, it's a bit like a dream to him.
-Thank God he's ok. -Carolinne sighed and Lydia nodded, silently joining.
-Thank you. -The Sheriff turned to Rafe, who had been tge first one to find Stiles.
-It was that repellent we sprayed in the coyote den to keep other animals out. I couldn't go near it without my eyes watering, it's just a good thing he mentioned it over the phone.
-No, it was more than that, thank you.
-It was a lucky connection.
-McCall, can you shut up please, and accept my sincerest gratitude?
-...Accepted. -He offered his hand, which Noah respectfully and gladly shook.
-All right, you three, you've got school in less than six hours. -Melissa turnes to the teenagers. -Go home, go sleep.
-Ok. -Scott hugged her.

While Lydia and Scott left, Carol turned to Rafe with a smile on her face.
-What are you smiling at?
-Noah's right. It was more than just a "lucky connection". You thought about it, and you went looking for him.
-I was doing my job.
-If you were just doing your job, you would have had a team go there to get him. But you called Melissa and you went there with her because you care. -She got up and friendly patted his back. -You're getting there, Rafe. You're getting there.
--------------------------------

Later that morning, when school wad over, she was with Kira, one of the only pack members she wasn't angry at; the girl was new to all of this, she didn't know who to believe, and since she was shy and had a thing for Scott, it was understandable that she didn't want to fight him. Speaking of Scott, when the girls were wolaking through the halls, they say him a coulple feet away.
-Scott! -Kira called. But he didn't hear her and soon he was gone.
-He's a little preocupied. -Derek showed up. -But I can help you.
-What are you doing here, Derek? -Carol questioned.
-I just said, I can help.
-Why would you want to help me?
-Because I want you to tell me everything that happened at the power station with William Barrow.
-You already know what happened, I told you that night. -Carol argued.
-I want her to tell me. Actually, Kira, I want you to show me.
-Why?
-Why are you being so defensive? -He raised a brow sarcastically. -I'm not gonna hurt your friend.
-Es wäre nicht das erste Mal, dass du es versuchst. (It wouldn't be the first time you try.)
-Seriously, would you stop doing that? -He scoffed. -If you don't want people to know what you're saying, just don't say it.
-Ich sage, was ich will, in jeder Sprache, die ich will. (I say what I want in any language I want.) -She bit back and he rolled his eyes.
-It's ok, Carol. -Kira intervened. -I can go there with him.
-Then I'll go with you.
-It's ok, you don't have to.
-I want to. I just have to leave these books in ky locker.
-I'll wait in the car. -Derek said, annoyed, and left.
-I don't want to bother, but... Aren't you being a little harsh on the pack? -Kira asked once Derek was gone.
-Maybe. -She sighed. -I'm angry at them and being harsh is my defense mechanism.
-I know, but you don't have to be defensive all the time.
-I can't help it. And that's partially my mom's fault.
-How come?
-You want the long version or the short version?
-Uhm... Both, I guess.
-Long version: ever heard the saying "If you can't beat them, join them."? My family works a little differently: if you can't beat them, weaken them until they can't beat a fly. Now, children fight a lot; it's part of childhood. And you know how in elementary school there is always that kid? Usually a boy, no one wants to fight him because he's big and the other kids are scared of him because he's basically a monster.
-We all know that guy. -Kira sighed.
-Yeah, we do. Well, I was the opposite of that guy, I was tiny and cute. And my mom, she knew that, she knew I was an easy target. She didn't want me to be a punch bag, so she taught me to defend myself with words; she sharpened my tongue like a blade until I was invinceble.
-I'm assuming it worked.
-It did. A boy came to make fun of me one day, and I made him cry; no one ever messed with me again.