Chapter 17: Happiness.

A/N: Happy birthday ShaunaHughes759 🥳🎉 I hope you enjoy this chapter!!😍😍 It's not really long, but it was one of my personal favorites, and I hope you have as much fun reading it as I had writing it!
___________________________________

Kira had shown up at Scott's house and offered to help, which had been very welcome; appearently, she was highly skilled with a Katana, which would come very handy for then in the near future. Right now, Allison, Liz, Kira, Scott, and Carol were hiding and waiting for the perfect opportunity to put the tracker on the car. When that opportunity came, Kira ran and did it, but Jordan Parrish showed up before she could come back. She had to crouch in the opposite side of the car, hoping that Parrish wouldn't notice her.
-Ok, let's get out of here. -He told the driver. But whatever he saw inside the car caused him to step back and point his gun at it.
-We have to do something. -Scott said, as Jordan was starting to walk around the car and would eventually find Kira. But they didn't have to do anything. Suprising both them and the deputy, a man came out of the car and attacked him. -Who the hell is that?
-Kincaid. -Allison answered. Kincaid was Katashi's henchman. Scott, her, and Carol walked towards him right as he picked Katashi's silverfinger.
-We need that finger. -Scott told him while Allison pointed her crossbow at him.
-Why should I give it to you?
-There's a brief case in there with $150.000 in it. -Allison answered.
-The scroll inside this prosthetic finger is worth 3 million.
-Give me the finger. -Scott demanded, which sounded a little weird. -You know what I mean.

Kincaid was not giving up, and Carol was serioulsy considering buying the finger from him. Kira tried to attack him by surprise, jumping from the top of the car right over him, and he easily got rid of her.
-I guess negitiations are over. -He said, fangs showing and eyes glowing blue. But when he was ready to attack them, he was shot five times with wolfsbane bullets. Bullet number one went in his hand, causing him to drop the prosthetic silver finger; then one in each of his feet, to keep him from running; bullet number four was in his other hand, so that he wouldn't attack them with his own gun; and the last one in his lower leg, causing him to fall.
-I told you. -Alice smiled, putting her gun,  back in her belt. -I don't miss. And neither does Shelby.
-Who's Shelby? -Kira asked.
-Her "pet gun". -Carol chuckled.
-Wait, so we're not gonna have our moment? -Aiden asked from his and Ethan's hiding spot, genuinely disappounted, while Lydia came out of hers. -I was looking foward to it.
-Can we focus on what matters? -Carol raised a brow and picked up the silver finger. -Also, someone should probably get Deaton to help patch this dude up.
-You're gonna pay for this. -Kincaid threatened. -All of you.
-You try anything and I'll blow your face off. -Alice pointed the gun at him.
-Ok, I don't think that will be necessary, Lizzie, thank you. -Lydia said and aproached Alice, gesturing for the huntress to put the gun back.
-Call Deaton. -Scott told the twins. -We're here to save a life, not end one.
-----------------------------

Scott and Carol went to Deaton to give him the scroll and let him help Kincaid. Kincaid made out of it alive and well, but the scroll wasn't as helpful as they expected.
-There isn't much here, unfortunately.
-Does it say anything? -Scott asked him, still hopeful.
-My japanese isn't great. But it appears to say that one method of expelling a Nogitsune is to change the body of the host.
-Change the body...
-Which begs the question: how do we change Stiles' body?
-By turning him into a werewolf. -Both Alphas said at the same time. And if that was all they were left with, they wouldn't hesitate.

Now, Carolinne had one more place to go before she went home. The place where she wished she could have spent the entire day.
-------------

-Good evening, Miss Whittemore. -Parrish welcomed Carol into the station.
-Good evening, Deputy.
-How can I help you?
-I'd like to se my... Friend. He's uhm, he's arrested.
-You "friend" is Derek Hale?
-Yeah.
-We were supposed to have moved that case to a Federal Lockup today, but we had a problem.
-Everything ok?
-Yeah, under control.
-Can I see him?
-Uhm... I'm not sure that's allowed.
-But you're not sure it isn't, either, are you?
-Only their lawyers have permission to visit them.
-Then how about this: My dad is his lwayer,  and I'm here for professional reasons. I mean, I do want to apply to Law School.
-Well, you do know how to argue your case. Go, try not to get atention.
-Thank you! -She smiled excitedly and he took her to a room which had a table and two chairs facing each other.
-I'll get him for you.

She waited for less than one minute until Derek showed up.
-Care.
-Hey!
-So, you are my attorney's representative now?
-Oh, yeah, I'm very close to him. You're one lucky man, Mr. Hale, I can assure you that David Whittemore is one of the best lawyers in all of Shasta County.
-Rumor has it his daughter will be just as outstanding. -He said, making her smile, which made him smile back.
-So, I guess "happy birthday" isn't exactly the most apropriate thing to say right now but... Yeah.
-It sends the message.
-I guess it does. -She sighed. -I wish you could have had a happy birthday.
-I've had worse ones in the past six years.
-Which is yet another reason why I wanted this one to be perfect.
-It's ok, Care. I've had better ones, too; Laura always tried her best to make birthdays and Hollidays not miserable. Some were tough, but some were kind of nice.
-I wanted today to be different from the past six ones.
-It was definitely different. I'd never spent the birthday in prision.
-Not what I meant. -She sighed. -I wanted you to spend today with family, my parents even took the day off. And I know that being with my family is never  be the same as being with yours, that Laura not being here makes things even worse and that I can't make this day as happy as she and the rest of your family did, can't make you as happy as they did but I wanted to try my best with what I had.

She finished talking and waited for him to say something. It wasn't usual for her to be that open about things that involved emotions, but she was specially frustrated this day because it was supposed to have been nice, damn it!
-You're wrong. -He finally said.
-What?
-You're wrong.
-What?
-You're wrong, you do make me happy. You may not have the power to bring my family back, but you try to make my life better everyday doing what you can. You were there when Scott betrayed me, and you had every reason to hate me back then; you were there when Boyd died, you were there when we performed the ritual with my Mom's claws, and you are here now. Your plans for today didn't work but the fact that you even made them is what matters. After Laura died, I didn't think I could ever be happy again, but you showed me that I could, and that's why I love you.

Why aren't you breathing, Carolinne? He said he loved her; he said he loved her. Her eyes widened as she remembered how to breath (in and out, Carol, in and out.) and took in the words she'd just heard.
-I love you, too. -She said and smiled once she was back to her senses. -And you also make me happy. You taught me that I was capable of falling in love after I'd spent years being told otherwise and you took me back when I didn't deserve it. You let me of all people in, and you chose to trust me and be with me. I love you.

His response was a smile, which she mirrored. And that's how they were, smiling at each other, when the deputy walked in.
-I'm sorry. -Parrish said, and he did sound truly sorry. -Time's up.
-Ok. -Carolinne got up. -Thank you, Jordan. -She walked passed him and made her way out. The day hadn't been at all like she'd planned, but oh she couldn't be more happy! There really was something of poetic and symbolic in those three words, those eight letters that had been voiced. The Blair Waldorf inside of her was screaming (even though she usually thought of herself as Serena) because HE LOVED HER. She'd known she loved him from day one of their relationship, and having confirmation that she was loved back was beyond gratifying.

It wasn't Carolinne's birthday, but she had gotten the greatest gift she could have asked for.