Home

(Y/n) POV:

Today was the day we could go home and take Peter and Shay with us. They needed to stay a few days to make sure they were healthy after Hailee gave birth but now they're all good and ready to come home with us.

"You ready?" I asked as Hailee finished packing up the stuff. "Yeah, we can go now." Hailee nodded and picked up the bag and the carrier with Peter in it. I picked up the second one with Shay inside and we left the hospital together.

The drive home was quiet since the babies were sleeping. Florence was at our house taking care of the dogs while we were gone and she was the only one who was available. Griffin was busy racing so he wasn't here and Hailee's parents live a bit too far. I think Martini and Brando will be excited to meet the twins though.

When we arrived home we took the carriers out and I unlocked the front door. Martini and Brando came running through the house and jumped on us. They didn't get too high up and we waited until they calmed down before putting the carriers on the floor.

Carefully I set the carrier down and let Martini sniff around and inspect Shay. Hailee did the same thing with Peter and Brando was sniffing him up and down before licking his face. Martini started licking Shay and giving her kisses before her and Brando switched places to inspect the other baby.

While they were doing that we were talking with Flo. She was going to get to hold the babies after the dogs finished up. She also was going to stay the night and go back to her house tomorrow. About five minutes later the dogs were done with the babies and we let Flo hold them.

"They're cute. They kind of look like space aliens." Flo commented while watching the babies in her arms. "Be nice to your niece and nephew." Hailee scolded. "I am! I was just saying." Flo shrugged.

The rest of the day was kind of a blur as we adjusted to having the babies here with us. Hailee and I went to sleep fairly early except we were constantly being woken up. By now we had woken up at least three times because sometimes the babies cry at different times and we have to tend to each one.

"You're turn." Hailee mumbled to me as one of the babies started crying again. "I went last time. It's your turn now." I responded in a grumbly tone. "No, you got them but I had to feed them. So it's your turn. And good luck cause you're gonna have to change them." Hailee corrected before turning over and continuing to try and sleep.

I took my phone from the nightstand and called Florence's number. "(Y/n) it's like three am what the bloody hell do you want" Flo mumbled through the phone. "Hey Flossie, it's your turn to take care of the babies. Hailee thinks they need to be changed so good luck." I told her before hanging up. "Problem solved." I told Hailee and went back to sleep.

A few minutes later the babies stopped crying and I went back to sleep, thankful that Florence was able to help out.