Proposal

(Y/n)'s POV:

Tonight I was taking Hailee out to dinner on our weekly date night. Except tonight was special because I was going to propose. We were gonna have dinner all by ourselves cause I booked out the entire place and then I'll propose. While Hailee was getting ready I was trying to find the ring.

"(Y/n) are you ready?" Hailee called out from the bathroom. "Uh, yeah! Yeah I'm ready!" I called out while looking through the drawers and finding the ring box. I grabbed it and shoved it in my pocket before Hailee stepped out.

"You look very beautiful." I complimented and gave her a kiss. "You look very handsome." She smiled and kissed my cheek. "Okay, let's go." I told her and walked to their car. 

We both got in the car and started to drive but then one of the tires popped. "Shit!" I whisper yelled while pulling over. "Damn it!" I yelled once I saw the tire completely out of air. "Is everything alright?" Hailee asked while rolling down the window. "Yeah! Everything's fine! Just call a tow truck!" I told her.

"We're gonna be late, just my luck." I mumbled to myself before getting in the car. "It's okay, there's always next week." Hailee reassured me. "No! We're gonna get there and we're gonna have a wonderful meal and have a good date!" I exclaimed. She gave me a weird look but then just went back on her phone.

"Thank god! Let's go!" I told Hailee once I saw the tow truck in the distance. While I was getting out my pocket felt lighter but I didn't really notice it. "I'll give you a hundred bucks to take us to our destination before taking the car to the mechanic." I bribed and the driver nodded.

"Why is tonight so special?" Hailee asked me. "Because we've both been busy and now we get to spend a night together!" I lied. I mean it was sort of true but also a small lie.

When we got to the restaurant I checked us in and we sat down. "Why is it empty? Did you book the whole place?" Hailee asked curiously. "Nope." Another lie.

After we got some wine and ordered our food we just talked about random things and our upcoming schedules. Our food came pretty quickly since it was only thing for them to cook.

Our meal went by pretty fast and I cleared my throat. "So...Hailee. I have something to ask you." I started while looking for my speech in my vest pocket. "What is it?" Hailee asked while looking around. Where the hell is my speech! After another search in my vest I concluded I left it at home. Whatever I'll just wing it.

"So um, we've been together for a long time and I really love you. And you really bring out the best part of me, the one where I can be myself without judgement or anything like that. And we have two dogs together so I think we've been pretty serious for a while now. But really we've been there for each other since the beginning really. Like right during the haiz ep and pitch perfect for you and marvel for me. And I really want to take the next step with you. So anyway I guess I'm kinda rambling. What I wanted to ask was..." I told her before getting on one knee and trying to find the ring in my pocket.

"No! Where is it?" I whispered to myself. "Where's what?" Hailee asked emotionally. I think my speech made her cry but I was really just focused on finding the ring.

"Damn it!" I shouted and stood back up. "You were gonna propose..." Hailee cried. "No! I still am! I just can't find the ring! Why is everything going wrong tonight?!" I shouted and ran a hand through my hair. "(Y/n)!" Hailee shouted and put her hands on my shoulders. "You can find the ring later. And maybe there were a few setbacks but it was still a really good night. And if you were wondering, I will marry you. I would love to be your wife." Hailee explained and kissed me. I kissed her back and we spent the next few minutes kissing passionately.

"That did go pretty well." I agreed before sitting back down for dessert. "It did, you had a really good speech." Hailee nodded.

After dessert we went to go pick up the car from the mechanic. When I opened the drivers seat I saw the ring box on the floor. "I found it! Haiz I found it!" I shouted and ran over to her side where she was just about to get in the car. She sat down and turned to face me. "Hailee Steinfeld, will you marry me?" I asked while getting on one knee. "Of course I will!" Hailee nodded and I put the ring on her finger. We kissed for a second before I closed her side of the car door before getting in the drivers seat.

We drove back home while Hailee started rambling about the wedding that we haven't started planning yet. She was very excited. When we arrived back at the house we said hello to Martini and Brando before going upstairs to our bedroom for the last activity of the night.

Even though a few things went wrong, it was a really good night.