Party

(Y/n) POV:

Today was my dads birthday party and he had invited a bunch of people over. Hailee and I came all the way from LA so we were going to spend a few days here before going back. Hailee's already met my family before and they all loved her, so bringing her wasn't an issue.

"Do you know who else was invited?" Hailee asked and I shook my head. "Nope. I know there's quite a few people though, I probably may not know a lot of them." I responded while buttoning up my shirt. Hailee was applying the last of her makeup in my bathroom. My parents refused to let us stay in a hotel, so we were sharing my childhood bedroom. I zipped up Hailee's dress and placed a kiss on her cheek before walking out of my room and going downstairs.

The party was going to start in a half hour, but we weren't in a rush since it was being held here. I had gone downstairs before Hailee to help clear out the last bit of furniture that was in the hallway so the caterers could move freely before guests started arriving.

A few of my dads work friends had arrived and Hailee had just come down. "Hey." I smiled at her once she came over to where I was. "Hi babe." She replied back and gave me a kiss on the cheek. "(Y/n)! There you are!" My dad announced. I waved to him and the people he was with.

"This is my son (Y/n) and his fiancé Hailee." My dad introduced me to everyone. "Nice to meet you." I responded and shook everyone's hands. "Nice to meet you as well." Hailee shook everyone's hands too before one of the caterers started passing around food.

I took a bit of sushi before going to get Hailee and I some drinks. While we were making conversation with some of my dads friends, I saw a familiar face. One that I didn't really want to see either.

Hailee POV:

"(Y/n)! I didn't know you were coming!" A female voice screeched. "It's my dads party? Of course I was invited." He said a bit awkwardly. Whoever this girl was, (Y/n) didn't like her. "Who's this?" She asked, twirling a piece of her hair and pointing at me. "This is my fiancé. Hailee, this is Lauren. My ex girlfriend." (Y/n) introduced, rubbing his neck." Nice to meet you." I mumbled while holding my hand out for a handshake, which Lauren just ignored.

"You're married? What happened to us?" Lauren asked (Y/n) in disbelief. "I'm not married, not yet. But I will be. Also you literally cheated on me. I don't know how you were even invited to this party?" He told her, wrapping an arm around my waist. I knew she was jealous so I just cuddled into him and smirked at the blonde bitch. The audacity of this girl was appalling. She just rolled her eyes and went to the bar.

"You don't have the best dating history, do you?" I asked (Y/n) and he shook his head. "I only dated her, one other girl who was way nicer than her, and you." He responded, checking his phone quickly. I glanced over to check the time, seeing his lock screen which was a cute selfie of us at a basketball game.

He turned it back off and put it in his pocket quickly before a lady came up to us. "(Y/n)! Oh my gosh! I didn't believe your father when he told me you were coming!" She gushed before giving him a hug.

(Y/n) POV:

"Hi Charlotte." I hugged her for a second before introducing Hailee. "Hailee, this is Charlotte. She was my babysitter for like ten years. Charlotte, this is my fiancé Hailee." I introduced them and they shook hands. "I remember when you were shorter than me." Charlotte reminisced. I took a sip of my drink before responding. "Now I tower over you." I chuckled while connecting mine and Hailee's hands.

Charlotte went on for a while about what I was like when I was younger before it was time for cake. We all crowded around the table and sung happy birthday to my dad before he blew out the candles and everyone got a slice.

Hailee and I took our cake outside and just sat and watched the world go by as we ate our cake. "I'm glad you brought me with you. This was really fun." Hailee spoke up, resting her head on my shoulder and stealing a bite of my cake. "I'm glad you said yes. I would never miss an opportunity to show you off to everyone." I told her before finishing up my cake.

We both spent the rest of the party talking and drinking before getting into bed for the night around midnight.