Secrets

(Before we start the oneshot I would like to say if any of this is wrong in any way please tell me! I'm not trans so if I say anything wrong please correct me and I will fix it! I want everyone to feel comfortable on my page and with my work so please do not hesitate to tell me if I said something incorrect! I'm also always here if anyone needs to talk! Happy reading!)

(D/n) = Deadname

(Y/n) POV

Today is the day I'm going to tell Hailee I'm trans. We've been best friends for a while and I think it's finally time to tell her. I also have a major crush on her but that can be a conversation for another day. She's just my best friend anyway. I also haven't told her about my name change. My name used to be (D/n) but I changed it to (Y/n).

"Hi Hailee." I mumbled while walking into her living room. "Hey (D/n), what's up? You said you needed to talk about something?" She asked and I internally winced at the name.

"Is something wrong?" Hailee asked after seeing me wince. "It's fine. I need to tell you something important." I told her and she nodded. "So I don't really know how to say this, so I'm just gonna say it. I'm trans. My pronouns are he/him and I'm not (D/n), my name is (Y/n). I hope we can still be friends but this is who I am." I told her without stopping. Once I was done I got up and left, letting her think about it.

Two minutes later Hailee came in the room and sat down next to me. "I'm glad you told me. I love you just the same. You're my best friend." Hailee whispered. I was sad about the best friends part. Oh how I wanted it to be something more.

"I love you Hailee." I whispered. "I love you too. I just told you." She laughed. "No like I love you." I told her. "Oh." She whispered. "I love you too." She told me, and then pressed her lips on mine.

It felt so good, I didn't want to stop. I just wanted to be like this forever. I never wanted to leave her arms. When we pulled away I hugged her tightly. She pressed a kiss to my head and we just stayed like that.

I'm glad she accepted me for who I am. It makes me feel good that I have people in my corner who accept me for who I am. And I'm glad I finally expressed my true feelings for her.

(I'm sorry if this is a bit short but I hope you enjoyed reading! Once again please tell me if I said anything wrong and I will fix it!)