Kindergarten

(Y/n) POV:

Today is Shay and Peters first day of kindergarten. This would be their first official day of school. They went to daycare and preschool but those were only half days. This time they would be going to school all day.

Hailee was weirdly quiet the entire morning. She only exchanged little words to me and the kids. "Is everything alright?" I asked her once we got in the car. "I'm fine." She responded and put on her sunglasses. "Are you sure?" I continued. "I'm just nervous. It's their first day they're going to be gone all day." She told me.

"They'll be fine." I reassured her. "I know, but I'm just worried. Peters shy, what if he doesn't make any friends?" Hailee explained. "He'll be fine, him and Shay are in the same class. She'll take care of him." I tried my best to reassured.

"I guess. But still it's just nerve wracking." Hailee mumbled. By the time we got to the school Shay was ready to get out of the car. She was practically jumping in excitement.

"Are you ready?" I asked the twins. Shay nodded excitedly and Peter just shyly nodded. "Are you nervous?" Hailee asked Peter, who nodded again.

"Shay, be nice to Peter. You know he get shy around new people. Make sure he does okay. Maybe get him to make some friends?" I whispered as I pulled Shay aside. "Okay." Shay nodded.

"I told Shay to take care of him." I whispered to Hailee, who was trying to help Peter into the classroom. Shay had run inside the classroom already.

Eventually we had to go in with him. He was very reluctant to go inside on his own. He hid behind Hailee the entire time we walked inside and eventually his teacher noticed.

"What's your name buddy?" His teacher asked and kneeled down to him. "Peter." He whispered while still holding onto Hailee. "It's very nice to meet you Peter, do you want to go play with your sister?" His teacher asked him. Peter shook his head and continued to stay where he was. At this point Hailee was trying to get him off of her leg. She kneeled down to his height and gave him a hug.

"Peter, you're gonna have so much fun! And Shay will always be here. And we're gonna come pick you up later!" Hailee told him and rubbed his back.

"Do you want to go color? We're gonna color and then go outside!" His teacher suggested. "Okay." Peter mumbled and took his teachers hand. "Okay, bye Peter. We love you." Hailee told him and kissed his cheek before getting up. Peter walked with his teacher to a table with a few other boys and he started coloring. We took this time to leave.

"He's gonna be fine huh?" Hailee mocked as we walked outside. "He is! He's fine! It only took a few minutes." I defended. "I guess." She shrugged.

"We're gonna pick them up in like no time, so let's just enjoy this free time." I told her. We both left the school and drove off, ready to get some brunch and do some errands.

The twins first day of school went pretty well. They definitely liked it. Except for the homework part, they didn't love that. They didn't really get homework but they didn't like the idea of having to do homework.