Loss

(Y/n) POV:

One of my best friends was coming over today to meet Hailee and to go out later for dinner. He was on his way but was really running late.

"Isn't your friend supposed to be here by now?" Hailee asked while sitting on the couch with Brando. He curled up on Hailee lap while I responded. "He should be here by now, but he's running late I guess." I shrugged. Minutes turned into hours, and no messages or responses.

"This really isn't like him." I mumbled while checking my phone. "I'm sure he's fine. Maybe he just forgot." Hailee assured while making some popcorn. "I don't know, I have a bad feeling about this." I told myself.

Hailee and I sat down on the couch and picked a movie to watch before spending the rest of the night watching Tv until we fell asleep.

I woke up to a phone ringing and I picked it up. "Hello?" I answered. "(Y/n), it's Logan's mom. I have some bad news." She started. "What is it? He was supposed to be here for lunch but then he never showed up." I asked her. "Well, Logan passed away in a car accident." She told me and then burst into tears. "Oh my god, I'm so sorry." I whispered before she hung up.

It's definitely my fault. Logan was supposed to come over and if he got into a car accident then it was on the way to mine and Hailee's house. I didn't even realize I was crying until I felt someone wipe my tears and wrap their arms around me.

"What happened?" Hailee asked while hugging me. "He died. He died on the way here." I choked out before resting my head in the crook of her neck.

"I'm so sorry." Hailee whispered before hugging me even tighter if that was possible. "It's all my fault. He died on the way here! If I didn't invite him he wouldn't be dead!" I sobbed.

"It is not your fault. I don't know what happened but I know for a fact that this is not your fault." Hailee reassured me and rubbed my back. She repositioned my so my head was on her lap and she was running a hand through my hair.

Eventually I managed to calm down and get the rest of the information from other friends. Hailee kept us in the same spot the entire time and I ended up falling asleep like that.

It might take a while to grieve but with Hailee there I think I'll be okay.