Period

(Y/n) had woken up this morning and gotten out of bed before spotting something on the bed. There was a red blood stain and (Y/n) went wide eyed, noticing it came from Hailee's side of the bed. "Is she dying?" He whispered to himself. He had to go find Hailee.

"Are you alright?" (Y/n) asked Hailee in a panicky tone once he got to the kitchen where she was sitting. "Yeah, why?" She asked, giving him a confused look. "Well I-  okay then. As long as you're alright." He nodded while walking off and going to change the sheets. Hailee brushed it off and continued to eat her breakfast, oblivious to what (Y/n) was thinking about. After a quick phone call (Y/n) had gotten the day off and decided to spend the whole day with Hailee. If she was dying, he might as well spend as much time with her as possible.

"Hailee! Let's go do something fun!" (Y/n) announced, walking back into the room. "Like what?" Hailee asked. "I don't know, you choose." He shrugged. They ended up at the movie theater and spent a good two hours of their day watching Spiderman Far from Home. "Now let's go get some lunch, shall we?" (Y/n) offered, extending his hand out to her. She connected their hands with a smile and nodded. "We shall." She agreed and they started their walk to shake shack. The two lovers had a delicious meal that consisted of burgers and some milkshakes before they moved onto their next activity.

Hailee had wanted to take a walk around the park, so that's what they had done. All day Hailee had a lingering thought about (Y/n). Why was he so panicked this morning? She figured he knew she was on her period since she saw him put the sheets in the wash, but maybe he didn't know that? Hailee brushed that thought off because (Y/n) even had a sister, surely he knew what periods were. Oh how wrong Hailee was.

After their walk the two of them went home and both changed before dinner. (Y/n) had gotten them reservations at one of their favorite restaurants and that would be their final activity for today. "This is nice, thank you." Hailee complimented while they were at dinner. "You're welcome. Today was really fun." (Y/n) smiled before their food arrived. After both of them devoured their food and paid, they were on their way. "Wanna stop and get ice cream to end the day?" He offered, and she nodded. The two of them both got ice cream cones, (Y/n)'s with chocolate ice cream and Hailee's with vanilla.

"(Y/n), I've been meaning to ask you this. Not that I don't enjoy you being here today, but why were you? I'm pretty sure you had work today." Hailee asked. "I wanted to spend the day with you. Before you, you know.. die." He told her carefully, and she did a double take before looking at him with a lot of confusion. "I'm sorry, what? Die? Who said I was dying?" She questioned. "There was blood on the sheets this morning, you're slowly bleeding out." He told her like it was the most obvious thing in the world. She started laughing and (Y/n) just stood there shocked. "Oh god she's lost it.." He mumbled. "I'm not dying! I'm on my period!" She corrected him, but now he looked confused.

"Period? What's that? Like the punctuation?" (Y/n) asked, and Hailee facepalmed. "You don't know? (Y/n) you have a sister! How do you not know?" She exclaimed. "She's older than me! I never heard about these things!" He defended. Hailee sighed and just got ready to explain it. "I bleed for a week every month. It's the menstrual cycle." She explained simply. "Oh." (Y/n) sighed before Hailee burst out into laughter.

While she was laughing, (Y/n) just stood there in embarrassment. After all, how had he not known this? He had a sister and he had been dating Hailee for nearly three years now, and lived with her for the past six months. To say he felt embarrassed was an understatement. "Don't be embarrassed! It's cute." Hailee told him, pressing a kiss to his cheek before they continued walking.

The minute they got back home (Y/n) called his sister, needing to know all of these things about periods and girl stuff in general. After an hour long phone call, (Y/n) went and sat in bed with Hailee, spending the rest of the night in relaxation.