Chapter 81

Tessa's POV:

"So...will you be my...girlfriend?" Robert asks glazing his eyes right into mine maybe finding his answers into them.

His proposal makes the hot liquid in my mouth goes straight up into my nose. I cover my mouth with my hand and take the napkin from the steel stand on the table and bringing it in front of my mouth lightly cough on it.

What did he just say? His girlfriend?

"Robert...," I begins, removing the napkin away from my mouth.

"I know you probably wouldn't be ready for any relationship but I was just coming clean with my intentions and my feeling towards you." He waves his hand in between our body.

"Umm...," is the only thing I muster from my mouth that my confused and stunned brain can throw. Looking down at my coffee which tasted like boiled water mixed with sugar to take time to process what he just blurt out right in front of me.

"I'm a bad person asking you straight away. I'm sorry," he apologizes, cheeks are red from the embarrassment when I look up at him.

"No it's nothing like that. I'm just still recovering from my last relationship that's all." Which is over a year now, though I stayed a night with my ex before I left him in his hotel room only a half month ago without saying anything to him.

But Robert doesn't have to know that, I'm over it.

"It's hard for me to open up to date someone right now, you know," I place my hand on top of his and subtly rub my thumb over her knuckles.

"Yeah, I get it." He says politely doesn't remove his hand from my grasp. "You still think about him I understood that." His tone is calm no malice towards my ex but defeat was prominent in his voice.

The second his name comes out in the air I take back my hand from Robert's and wrap it around my hot coffee mug collecting the warm from it into my cold palm due to chilly weather.

"Not really but I'm trying to over him." I shake my head. "We don't even talk anymore, he's moving on with his career and I'm moving with mine." I probably sound like a liar but it's true, I didn't and I won't ever talk to him after I made my mind reading the public reviews toward us and the book.

"I'm happy for you that you're doing great with your life after him. You know I had and still do have feeling for you and I was waiting in the background for you and him to be...separated so I get a chance. I know it's evil to think that but I couldn't control my emotions when it comes to you. Seeing you with him happy a year ago I thought I'd never get a chance with you so I suppress my emotions but now that you aren't with him anymore, my emotions just explode and I just want let you know I'm available for you, Tessa." He looks at my again from his own latte cup after finishing his rant.

Before I say anything back he closes his eyes and I can read his expression like a open book. He must be talking to himself, probably calling himself desparate in his thoughts, wanting to have any sort of relation with me other than just a friend, but in my eyes it's not. He's not desparate.

He's being honest and I know he does have feeling towards me but he was pushing himself away because I was with my ex but now that I'm not, I'm single, he's only giving me the knowledge that he's single too and if I get ever ready to begin to date someone, Robert wants to be that person. Robert wants to be my boyfriend.

"O-okay." I mutter, didn't know what else to say and There's a silence between us, awkward silence while our surrounding isn't, peoples are chattering with their knife screeching on their plate to cut off their food and servers are roaming around to take orders-bringing them in this busy diner.