Chapter 86

Tessa's POV:

I scoff at Nora's idea of arranging my birthday party for me, a non-interested look plastered across my face but then I smile at her efforts to lighten me up.
Her hands glides down from my shoulders to her sides and she tells, "It will be fun." She smiles back at me and I nod at her words, I've nothing to say really.

The word fun is not the same I used to think of when I was with him. Even if he'd do nothing, I'd just stared at him and I got genuinely fun in that. Watching his green eyeballs moving side to side, his long lashes blinking-moving up and down, always a frown on his face, his long fingers pushing his lower lip together in concentration, his gripping on his pen would be very firm and few curly hair strands would hang down from head and he pushed them when they get into his vision. These all are nothing you call it fun but his every movements was fun to me. It was fun to stare at him and do nothing but to admire.

I shake my head and my subconscious brought me back to reality. What the hell are you doing Theresa fucking Young? Why are you thinking about him! My subconscious yells at me.

I don't know why I'm thinking about him.

Maybe you want him that's why you're always dreaming about that fucker!

No! I don't want him at all.

You were also dreaming about having him beside you on your bed in this morning.

I don't have control on my stupid dreams. That was all totally unintentionally.

Like hell it was. You've to stop now, don't think anything sweet moments you've had with him, only think the bad ones and you'll move away from him. That's what you want, right?

Yeah, that's what I want.

Then do it!

I will. I have to.

"You okay?" Nora's voice startle me and I blink rapidly to get out from the conversation with my subconscious.

"Of course. J-just tensed up." I says and she shakes her head, buying my excuse. I just zoned out and that's weird of me.

We both turn our heads to the hallway when we hear a woman's voice.

"Where's the birthday girl?" The familiar voice yells. It's Kelsey, our friend from the restaurant and she's also the roommate of Robert. Which means...

"There she is!" Robert comes to my view with a small bouquet and a bottle of champagne in had. I haven't seen him after my mother's wedding, I wanted to talk with him about something but he left after eating the cake saying he can't sleep at my house with people filled in, cause that makes him paranoid so it was for the best he would just go home and talk to me later, so I agreed and since then I haven't spoke a single word with him.

"Hey!" Kelsey runs in my direction, stopping in front of me she hugs me, tight. "Happy Birthday!" She swings our body side to side before pulling herself out. "I bought wine for us, I'm broke so it's cheap but I love this one, I've had been drinking this before." She tells and we all laugh at her humor.

"Well I brought champagne, because I know you love to them," Robert butts in and tell to me. "And it's not cheap like hers bottle." He looks down at Kelsey, who elbow him at his side, gently.

"Fuck off rich boy. Some of the cheap stuff are better than the expensive ones. Don't you agree Tessa?" Kelsey asks me raising her brow.

"Actually yeah. Street foods are better than seven-star restuarant dishes." I tell her or Robert or both of them with a shrug.