Chapter 48

Hardin's POV:
Ten days later...

Waking up, eating, shitting, watching senseless shows, wanking myself off  and sleeping. This is a cycle that I've been following it for months now.

And in addition working on my second book, but the fucking cycle just goes on and on in a endless loop. Like I had played a song which doesn't have any emotions whatsoever, and it's going on continuously.

It's boring, I know it is. I want it to stop but I can't. I want to remove that bland, passionless song from my playlist but I can't. Cause I don't have any other songs to play.

In the same way, my life goes too, only revolving in the circle around this cycle. I want to get the hell out of this cycle but I can't, cause I don't have any other cycle to follow.

The cycle could be much more interesting to live if I've a girl who would revolve with me in it, who loves me and me to her, which you know who am I talking about. Theresa young obviously.

There is no other girl in my life and never will be. Except her. Even if I have to spend my life without her, which I've mentioned it a thousands of times.

Thinking of living my entire life alone, is fucking depressing. But hey, I took this decision. This commitment to her and to me too, will never, ever get change or would break.

Enough of the sorrowful shit at this early in the morning. What time is it? Looking at the clock on the nightstand, it's says eleven. Okay, it's not early, but early enough for me guess.

I should get some coffee in my belly, so I'm trying to get out of the bed, I really am. But I want more ten? Fifteen? Twenty minutes of sleep because I'm lazy as fuck and I fucking want it.

I roll over, burying my face into the pillow and hug another one to get comfortable twenty minutes of sleep. Only a minute later my phone rings. Ugh.

Who the fuck would be calling me and disturb me? I just got a comfortable position in my bed. It has to that annoying-ass-agent with her bullshits, so I roll over and get my phone from the nightstand. Still closing my eyes I pick it up, I'm still in a sleepy state and too lazy to open my eyes.

"What? You just woke me up, so it has to be a better shit to tell me." I say to the person on the other end.

"Hey." A soft voice says. Wait I fucking know this voice, pulling away the phone from my ear, so I get a good look on the screen. And there it is. "I am sorry that I woke you up." Tessa says.

"No, no. Don't be." I say and sit up. I'm such a dumbass, I should've seen who's calling. "I'm sorry. I thought that my agent is calling me, she is just annoying me for the stupid ass things to do. So I got a bit rude." I explain. Hope she gets it.

"Okay." She chuckles. "So, good morning." She greets.

"Morning to you too." I let out my breathe. "So what gives me the honor for you to call me? Are you okay, right? Is everything okay?" I ask.

"Yes, yes. Everything is...fine." She says but not in a convincing tone.

"Really? But you don't sound sure." I call her out.

"Yeah. Everything is good. Really it is. But..." she pauses a bit then continues, "But there's something that I have to tell you." Now I'm getting fucking paranoid.

"What is it?" Numerous bad thoughts going through my mind. Why am I so negative about the thing that she is going to tell me? She said everything is good, so it'll be a good one.

"That...it's..." she pauses again, sign of nervousness and then continues, "I'm... coming to... Chicago."

"What?" I ask even though I heard it. She is coming to Chicago, I mean here. I didn't hear that correctly, right? I'm surly as hell had a mistake hearing that.

"I'm coming to Chicago. My friend Josie, who lives there. And it's her wedding in this week where I'm going." She explains.

"So you want a date?" Hope she says yes. Please say yes, Tess.

"What? No!" She says instantly. "I don't want you to come with me. I'm going solo there." She declares.

"Okay. So why did you call me if not coming with you at that wedding? Why?" I softly ask.

"I was thinking that..."she pauses again. She's stopping in between the sentence way too fucking much. Just say it Tessa! I want to say.

"That?" I give her a little push.

"That we should meet? And have a dinner together or something like that?" She politely suggests.

Hell fucking yes, I wanna say. But I pull down my excitement level and just say, "Sure." I'm screaming from inside like a girl, who just gets her favorite dress. I really am.

"Are you sure, that you're not busy with your books and stuffs?" She asks.

"Yes, I'm sure. Even if I have, I can fucking cancel it. For you." I say.

"No, no. You don't have to do that. I don't want you to cancel your important meetings because of me." She guilty says.

"Don't think that please. You are important to me more than any fucking meeting." I say truthfully. "I'm pretty sure there is no meeting I have to take. So don't worry."

"Okay then. Let's meet." I can sense that she'd be smiling from other end.

"So when you are coming and when we are going for that date?"

"It's not a date." Umm. you sure about that? Because I'm catching on to that only.

"Whatever." I roll my eyes. "So tell me when you are coming then."

"The wedding is on friday so I'm coming a day earlier. Which is on Thursday. My flight lands in morning and I'm going to take a rest for the whole afternoon, so that we can have a dinner later. What do you think?" She explains her plan calmly, I know she is excited for inside same as me but keeping herself on check. I fucking know it.

I nod but she can't see me, "Sounds good to me." I agree.

"So, see you soon. Bye."

"Bye." And she hang up.

Oh lord.
She is coming. She is coming here and would have a dinner with me. Fuck.

I still can't believe it. My mind just stop operating the amazing things? News that just thrown at me. I need time to process the news.

I did not see any of these coming. Firstly, her calling me, which she never does. Secondly, coming here, have a good meal and stay with me in my apartment till that wedding is over. Fucking awesome.

Wait is she going to stay with me? She didn't mention anything related to her staying with me, so...? Maybe she forget.

I'm sure as hell not going to complain about her staying though. Just in four days, just in four freaking days left for her to be here.

Fuck, I can't wait the days to go by and thursday to come.