Chapter 93

Tessa's POV:

"I…kissed someone. I cheated on you, mistakenly." Robert's shaky voice blurts out the ridiculous truth to me. I felt the floor under my feets just slips away like I'm falling, the chattering of peoples in the coffee shop that I'm surrounded by just stops like all of sudden I'm deaf and my vision blurs this person across me like blindness is taking over them.

I got cheated on?

And what the hell he meant by mistakenly?
Mistakenly really?
How could you cheat on someone mistakenly?
This is bullshit!

I know we aren't dating but he kissed someone while we are seeing each other, get to know each other and I thought giving him this chance as he asked for it would be worth a try, I thought maybe in the end I'll might eventually date him then maybe that'll lead us to something, something big. But I didn't ever thought he would do this to me before we even start any relationship.

He just kissed some bitch and it's so wrong to me, unfair really. Why on earth he would do that to me? I don't deserve this.

I thought he would be different, he won't be playing with my heart, he won't break my trust into millions pieces and certainly I'll not regret giving him the chance. But guess what? He is no different. He is just like Hardin.

The Robert I thought was respectful to every single one unlike him the disrespectful person on this land. Robert, who was a thoughtful with his words and never said a single hateful words or even yelled at me or to anyone, and whereas he, who wasn't thoughtful whatsoever and had a mouth only to spit hurtful stuff and do yelling at everyone, no matter what or who are they. Robert, who makes my fear disappeared by facing them not avoiding it, and whereas he who made my fear and that fear ares haunting me forever, making me avoid them at any cost. Robert didn't lie to me and he always supported me in everything, whereas he, who lied at constant, never cared what would be the consequences of that and he always had a problem  with supporting at my every life's decisions and sometime he did things that'll hinder them, completely.

Comparing. Yeah I'm doing comparison between these two man, I always do which is nothing new to wonder, is it? It's in my blood, you can't expect me to stop, did you?

Then you're fool to think that.

But with all that negatives things he did, all the imperfect faults he had, he never ever cheated on me. He never kissed anyone or thought about doing it with someone else but me. And only me.

And that's one of the quality I like, I loved about that man, unlike Robert here, who is admitting that he did what he is saying he did.

Maybe Robert needed that attention and physical attachment that I didn't give him, I haven't kissed him, well I didn't even hold his hand romantically for at least once, I didn't do anything physical. Hell I didn't even attached to him at any emotional level too that I should have, I just couldn't open up with him. I thought I could like I did with him but at last I just… couldn't. Like my heart and brain isn't connecting with each other to do that.

Maybe Robert felt I was neglecting him, but in real I wasn't intentionally. Maybe I didn't give him any recognition that I thought I gave him to begun any relationship. That's why he did what he did but that doesn't make it less hurt, is it? It is still wrong, so much.

Now the inner him, his voice is telling me, more like nagging me that no one, no one else unless it's him could fill the emptiness inside me. Why he's in my mind again I should just push him away? But he isn't now, he isn't moving, his memories are stuck in my brain, living up there for rent free and saying that you can't, you could never move on, the way you planned it out.