Chapter 91

Tessa's POV:

"Are you asking me to be your boyfriend right now?" Robert asks in a low voice so that no one could hear us in the coffee shop, that we're seated on.

"I just want to say that I should give it a try, we should give us a try." I tell him, lifting my index finger up, I move it back and forth in between our body space.

I waited for few seconds so he could process my words, he hasn't said anything or doing anything just looking at me with his eyes and his mouth wide opens, clearly he's shocked by my out of no where proposal thrown at him. But now as the time is passing around us, people are leaving outside or stepping inside the shop, I'm getting more anxious as he isn't saying anything to me. Is he going to reject me? That's why he's taking his time and thinking through the perfect way to reject my proposal in inside his mind. But that doesn't make sense because he was just flirting with me and suggesting me to kiss him on the lips, not cheek one which he's good at.

Okay so now it's like long five minutes long and I finished my coffee, also picked my finger nails as a sign of my nervous hiking up and up because of his utter silence. Now I've to break the silence, even if it is a rejection would be his answer, I'll take it but I'll not be seated in here, waiting for him to say something after an hour or maybe hours later to me, that'll make my mind go crazy so I ask him again.

"What do you think?" I finally break the seven minutes anxious silence between us.

"Did you really said that? You'll be my girlfriend?" He asks after blinking his eyes rapidly like he was trying to step out from his inner stance and stepping into the reality, where I'm sitting across him.

"I mean... I don't know about giving each other... the label here just yet. I want to give it a try, a try to know eachother more and then see it from where this, us goes." I explain him in my best possible way so he could understand my motive here, clearly.

But he furrows his brows, not getting what I want to say exactly, so I try to explain it again.

"Sorry if it's rude to say it but I'm not ready for the label, I can't be your girlfriend, right here, right now, I will need some time. Some time with you and discover each other more for the better, you know." I tell him.

The label sometime if only you get lucky then it'll work on your favour but the remainder time it'll create problems, just like mine had with him. I have come to think that the label, I always was obsessed with, now I don't think it is always right to get into the commitment without knowing each other more. Sometime they keep secret and I fear the secret when it gets revealed and affect me in some sort of way.

"No, it's fine. I get it Tessa, you don't want the girlfriend-boyfriend tag here, this soon. You want to know about my personal level of things and so do I. So I get it." He assures me. Understanding person, he truly is one.

"Yeah, absolutely." I nod, smiling up at himself.

"So...what are we here if not dating?" He leans forward to me and raises a brow at me.

"It's like... we're seeing each other, get to know each other and then as time goes by, we might get into a full blown relationship later." I explain perching my back, showing this is serious and I'm serious to give him a chance.

I don't have chances to give him because he doesn't deserve any, he took many, so many of them only to crush them. So I'm not going to give any chances to the undeserving person that's him, I would rather give it to the deserving one. Robert is the deserving one here and I know he will not crush them like they are nothing but a worthless word.