Chapter 97

Hardin's POV:
15 days later…

"Give me your phone!" My personal manager demands in her bossy tone to me.

"Why? Let me keep it, come on." I try to brush her off by walking away but as usual of her, she stops me.

"No. I don't want the phone disrupt your cause here, like the last time." She reminds me.

Last time by she means, when I was sharing my story about my recovery from the alcohol addiction I had in the past to the handful of young addicts group and in that program my stupidass phone just rang in the middle, interrupting the talk  I was giving to them. So now my dear annoyed manager wants to take the damn thing from me so it won't disturb my talk again because it makes my personality look bad, like I don't care about the cause there or I don't give a shit to the handful of addicts there who were listening to my story so they can implement them in their life to create any difference from their addictions like I did in mine.

But I fucking do care about the cause there and the phone call was happened to create a light mood between me and the group from the serious topic that I was speaking about, but my manager saw it in an other way, the bad way apparently so she's asking my private possession to give her.

"So give it to me, Hardin. You'll get back after your talk is over." She holds out her right hand in front of me with the left one on her hips, doing her usual commanding position and giving a look of seriousness in her eyes.

"Here you go," I give in, taking out from my tight jeans pocket, I hand her my phone with an annoyed huff.

"Good. Now you can go." She musters by putting my private thing, my phone, into her big ass handbag before making her way to the hallway of some building where I'm giving my another Ted talk type shit about my self-recovery from alcohol.

She opens the door at the end of the small hallway, which leads to a big room and when I get inside with her walking in front me I look around the place and find out this room contains at least thirty-five to forty peoples seated on their chair, which is more than I ever get in this type of activism events of mine. My manager moves away from my front to my side to give me way on the small podium for me to stand and give my speech.

When the announcer proposed that I'm here and regards me to come over, listening to that I walk over and step onto the small podium. Handing me the wireless mic he steps out of the podium and gives me to take over my talk to begin.

"Hey everyone," Bringing the mic in front of my mouth I greet to my audiences.

It's still weird me out to bubbler shits, important shits I might add, to the group of strangers in front of me. It's like eighty eyes right now, two per each person, are staring the shit out of me. Every time I speak into the microphone my voice nudge at back of my throat and make my deep voice comes out in a weird way because of the uneasiness I feel inside me with this many people are looking at me. But I'm overcoming that by breathing in and out to vanish my anxiety…? I don't have social anxiety, though as you guys already know that, I just don't like people.

But I'm changing that quality of mine, if I care about other peoples who aren't just Tessa or myself or my other family members then she might forgive me, seeing that I'm really changing. I'm letting myself to help other people who are just strangers to me and helping them with their personal issues, for example with their addiction here, she might grant me a chance, the thousandth number of chance to me to have a life with her, after she break up with that douche doctor of course.

And I'm not doing this just just for Tessa, I'm doing this for myself too. It's a personal satisfaction. Seeing peoples changed and recovering from their addiction in their life because of my books, it's really nice…good to see and experience that my works are making other peoples life better. It's the second best feeling I got, after my first when I fallen in love with Tessa. She gave me the best feeling of how to love another person other than myself.