Chapter 101

^He is hot, isn't he?

———————————————
Tessa's POV:
Eleven days later...

"Hmmmm." I moan.

I just literally moan in front of my roommates as I take a bite of the delicious cake that Nora made as a sample for her real wedding cake.

"It is so good, Nora." I mummer after chewing and gulping down the flavourful bite of the tiramisu cake that she baked.

"Yeah, it's really really good, babe." Landon agrees on my right side of the chair as we both are seated on the two table person, eating–tasting cakes.

"You guys have already said that about raspberry chocolate and banana caramel cake." She states by standing across us with both of her palms on the table. "Choose a single fucking flavour out of these fives." She groans at us and looks down at the other flavoursome sample of cakes on the different plates.

"Why can't we add all of them." Landon suggests with his mouthful to her.

"What? Fuck no." She scrunches up her nose in disgust and shakes her head at him. "It will ruin the whole cake's taste, flavours and richness that it already has in them, blending perfectly with all the ingredients." Her pastry chef's spirit awakens and lectures us about the delicacies of the cake. "So, only choose one."

"Okay, so I'm going to choose," He pauses looking down at the samples in front of us, probably reminiscing the flavours of the five cakes the he had. "This one." At last he declares and taps his metal frock on edge of the ceramic plate which has—had the tiramisu cake that we both already finished.

"Me too." I agree. I don't know what about this cake is so different compare to the others on the table, maybe because of the sponges has the coffee espresso taste in them or maybe the mascarpone cheese in the frosting, nonetheless it is the most delicious of all. I can still taste the coffee on my tongue like I'm eating the cake all over again.

"Perfect." She clicks her tongue onto the roof of her mouth and smiles, seemingly too proud of her creation that her fiance and her bestfriend chose.

Putting my fork down on the empty plate I open the notepad to check off the few items I told them to do yesterday. "So did you guys—" I begin looking down at the checklist on the paper but cut off by Nora.

"Prepare the playlist for dj." She speaks the same exact thing that I was going to say. "Yeah we did."

I nod and look down to say another item on the list. "And—" I begin but cut off by her fiance.

"Finalize the seating arrangement. We did that too." He informs me and I begin again looking down at the list .

"And—"

"Finalize the reception menu. Already done." My bestfriend informs. I did gave the same checklist which needs their opinion and involvement more so I could take care of the other things, and like that we both can do the items quickly as their wedding day is closer and we don't have any much time to waste.

"And—"

"Collect the wedding ring. Done." Nora notifies.

"Wait. I didn't." Landon fills in and surprises Nora and I both.

"Fuck what?" His fiancee choke and fists her hand on the table, giving a fiercely glare to her soon-to-be husband.

"Landon!" I gape at him. "You should've picked it up by now."

"I know guys. It's customized so they're taking time to make it perfect." He reasoning with putting his hands up in defence.

"Okay but when will you get it?" I question him, calmly.