Chapter 83

Tessa's POV:
Four days later...

"I hope you'd stay here at least a day before going," Karen expresses by wraps her arms around my body, giving me a full warm embrace in this dreadful winter weather of Washington.

Landon, Nora and I, we are just got here in Pullman from New York. We all traveled together from Newark to Pullman airport, after our fight landed we drove straight to Karen and Ken's house in the same cab. I'm going to take the same cab to my mother's house where I'm gonna stay for couple of days but before getting there I had to drop Nora and Landon at Ken's house with their luggages.

So as they're taking their bags out of the cab's truck, I get out from the backseat when I saw Karen waking fast from the house to meet me and help her son but mostly to meet me. And that's happened to be true when she practically pulled me and gave me the tightest hug ever. It's been a year and a half I've seen her and felt her motherly hug around me.

"I'll Karen after the wedding though," I promise after pulling away from our embrace.

"You should be or I'll drag you out of your home if you won't and drive your ass here by myself," Nora warns me, walking over where Karen and I are standing with her suitcase is on her side and her hand on the handle.

"She means to say we want you here and we'd be happy to spend some time with you." Landon come around with his bags on his hand, subduing his fiancee's threating words at me. "It's been so long my mom and Ken had a dinner with you and you also haven't seen Abby yet." He reminds me his little baby sister which unfortunately I haven't been met her yet only had seen her in the pictures.

"Ahh, I want to see her." I groan by placing my chilled palms overlapping with eachother on my sweater covering chest.

"I'd bring her out but it's cold out here and she just slept now after her an hour of playing and crying," Karen informs me with sweetness in her voice about her baby girl. "Or you could come in to have a little glance of her." She kindly offers with the brightest smile and pointing at the front of the house.

"Oh I would love to but she's sleeping right now and my mother is probably waiting for me and I've to help her with few things regarding the wedding so I've to go now. But I will come by later and stay with you guys," I promise, looking at the three of them then I continue, "And also don't miss the wedding or my mother would be- you know how she could be." I shake my head with twit smile on my face.

"Yeah, we won't miss it," Karen says and the two of them on her side nods. After giving one last hug to the three of them I get in my cab and wave to them and they wave me back, "Bye, see you soon."

Welcome to my small-low budget- crappy childhood hometown.

After the two hours drive I finally arrive to the familiar road to my mother's house, it's been over a year now but nothing has changed much and it still the same when I left it. After living in New York for long, this town and the streets feel so empty no people is walking whatsoever even though it's only six in the morning, but if I observe the empty and lonely streets of this town to New York's crowded one, it'd be a vast of a difference in comparison with no doubt.

Even though I'm not driving I'm so freaking tired. Once I'll get inside the house I'll be dump dead in my small bed and sleep myself off still the evening. Even if this town of crap isn't so developed place or have anything fun to do and also have daunting memories of my parents fighting, I feel the slight serene in my nerves to the familiarity.

The cab finally park in front of the destined house of my mother, opening the door I hop out and the sweet lady driver help me by taking out my suitcase from the trunk and giving a warm smile. I've a suspicious that she wants the five star rating for me that's why she's being nice and was offering the sealed bottle of water to everybody one of us when we get in the car or maybe she's a kind person to care about her customer in general, either way she's very sweet person so I gave her a good amount of tip because of her kindness to the strangers.